Bootham City Centre Guest House
US$88
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

US$140
US$117
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$70
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

B+B York(York)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$78
US$94
US$115
US$104
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Best Western York Pavilion Hotel(Fulford)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$88
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

US$267
US$147
US$103
US$89
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

All reviewsparking permitcity centreshared bathroom and toiletlocal butcherfull englishroad parkinga small double roomlovely guesthousewalk in wardrobeten minute walkbreakfast was excellenttwo nightsyork minstercooked breakfasttrain stationquiet streetshort stay
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I spent four nights in York this past April. I really enjoyed getting to stay in the Bootham
Guest House, which was near enough to the city center that I could walk, and it was also close
enough to walk to the bus station. Breakfast every morning was very good, and
the staff always made sure that I had any special request fulfilled. My room was very
pretty, and spotlessly clean, with its own bath. I would highly recommend this B & B to anyone
planning to visit York. By the way, I loved the city; it is a great place to walk, has a very
good historical museum, and the Minster is quite impressive. I hope that I can return to
York sometime, and I will be sure to stay at the Bootham again.

Room Tip: My room was at the top of the stairs, so it was a bit difficult to manage my luggage. It would have been nice to stay on a lower floor. However, my room was very quiet even though it faced the street.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We spent three nights at this guesthouse and we enjoyed our stay,We were made to feel very welcome the staff were very friendly and could not do enough for us, The breakfast was excellent, Would highly recommend, Only a two minute walk to the City Center and close to the Minster.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Was sent confirmation details before i stayed which included late check in which was useful. Stayed for 2 nights, the bedroom had everything that i needed. It was clean and tidy with broadband access. Tv wasn't the best but ok
The staff where friendly and ensured that i had all i needed especially at breakfast.
It is walking distance to town, but would be a bit of a walk to the train station. The street parking was helpful.
Mixture of families, solo's and couples staying there.
The only thing was there was a bit of noise on the street over the course of the night, but nothing major.
I would stay again

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We arrived by train and the directions from our booking took us walking through the town - when we arrived we were asked if we had taken the short cut - well, I would have taken it if that information had been on my booking sheet. Turn left along the front of the Royal York Hotel and there's a foot bridge across the river at the far side of the Royal Mail Office. This takes you through a car park and up into Bootham - if you book here ask the Guest House to confirm the directions. Allow 20 minutes for your walk between train and guest house. Generally the room was ok. There's not a lot of room and the shower is fairly small for moving around in. The TV reception wasn't always great but hey, I just wanted the headline news as York itself has so much to offer. The pillows were excellent! I'm kicking myself for not actually taking the pillow out of the case to see what make it was! One thing that we didn't like was the plastic mattress protector - not comfortable through the night - especially when it was hot in June! Breakfast was good. Personally I don't think I'd class this as 4 star but I'm no expert on the rating system criteria. It's clean enough, welcome was excellent, staff very friendly it's 10 minutes from the city centre, good value for money and if you travel by car you do get a pass to park on the street which is always good in York.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FiEverywhere
Reviewed June 10, 2011

The room was not as exspected for 4 star accomidation, breakfast was of a very poor quality, staff were impolite.
The bathroom was small and mildew with a very noisy toilet and the sink separate was in the bedroom.
My friend and I would not go back for these reasons.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends