“Charactrer, history, and location all wrapped in...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lendal Tower

Lendal Tower
The stunning four-poster bed located in the master bedroom Master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lendal Tower
The stunning four-poster bed located in the master bedroom
Luxury Roll Top Copper Bath
The Tower in the snow
The Tower in the snow II
Visit England 5 Star Grading
Visit England Gold Award Winning
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
KANKO
LOS ANGELES
“Charactrer, history, and location all wrapped in one nice package.”
Reviewed January 7, 2015 for a stay in December 2014

My family and I had a blast. The Tower is a treat to stay in. The attention to detail and overall design made for a great stay in York. I would love to come back in the summer to get the most out of the roof-top deck. The kitchen is top-notch, definitely great for a large or extended family stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: History,design, and location of the property
Liked least: Upper floor (Master) was a little on the cool side.
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
8 Jan 2015
Thank you very much for your kind words. It's great to hear you and your family had such a good time and were able to make use of the facilities.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back to the Tower, so you can experience the roof terrace on a summer's evening.

Best Regards

Nathan
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

13 Nov 2014
Many thanks for your kind review, I am really glad to hear that you all had such a great time and that the stairs kept you fit!

I will take on board the suggestions you have made regarding the towels. Concerning your comments about the draughty top room and noise on a Saturday, as you mentioned the windows are single glazed due to the age of the building however we are having secondary glazing installed at the end of this month (November) which will hopefully solve these issues.

Once again I am delighted you all had such a great stay and I hope I can welcome you back in the future.

All the best,

Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location/character
Liked least: Noise
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
4 Nov 2014
It is fantastic to hear you had such a great stay at the Tower and that you found it so unique and perfect for your needs. In particular I am delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed the views over from the roof terrace and that the effort in getting up there was worth it!

I am sorry to hear you did occasionally get disturbed on a night. As I mentioned in a previous response we are in talks with English Heritage to have secondary glazing installed and this has now been approved so installation is expected this month (November 2014). If you do decide to stay with us again in the future the sound noise issues should be fully resolved by then.

I do hope you can stay at the Tower again in the future and many thanks for your very kind words regarding your stay.

Warmest Regards,

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
15 Oct 2014
Many thanks for your kind review of the Tower, I am very pleased to hear you had such a great stay. I will pass on your lovely words to Ernestina who I am sure will be delighted to hear that you found her so warm and welcoming.

I would be thrilled if you choose to stay with us again and would be more than happy to welcome you back to the Tower.

Louth
Reviewed October 1, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Travelling group: Teenagers
6 Oct 2014
It is great to read that you all had such a brilliant time at the Tower and took particular pleasure in having as many meals as you could on the roof terrace! I am also delighted to hear you enjoyed the history and character of Lendal Tower as we believe this is its unique selling point (along with the roof terrace!)

As you mentioned we are in the city centre and as such there is noise, particularly on a weekend. However we are currently in the process of arranging for secondary glazing to be installed which will reduce noise levels. We are awaiting confirmation from English Heritage and the Secretary of State that these works are acceptable and so hopefully noise from the city will be greatly reduced in the very near future.

Allow me to thank you for your extremely kind words and if you ever wish to stay again we would love to have you back.

barber70
Norwich
“Why would you stay anywhere else?”
Reviewed September 8, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

Just returned from a long weekend in York with relatives and friends and had the pleasure of booking Lendal Tower and WOW am I glad I did,
I booked it as a surprise for the other guests and boy was it a surprise to all of them and me, far better than my expectations, in fact it was so good it made one of our party cry as she was so shocked and amazed by the tower, the pictures do not do it justice.
We were met by Mike, the owner, who gave us a guided tour and a welcome pack of goodies and as we went up the tower it just got better and better until we reached the Pièce de résistance the roof terrace...fabulous views up and down the river, watching the York rowing club opposite doing their stuff, and with a glass of wine and the sun shining down what could be better?
The 3 bedrooms are all very good and very spacious especially the master bedroom where we slept in the four poster bed, all have there own bathroom facilities and all are well equipped with TV, DVD,towels and toiletries and plenty of hot water.
The kitchen is modern and well equipped, (even a wine cooler) with more than you will need for your stay, and also a nice little dining area.
The living room/chill out area is great with comfortable seating and again TV, DVD, radio and Wi-FI.
The location is excellent, right on the river and with the private parking makes it the ideal place to stay, just leave the car and explore York on foot as everything is within walking distance.
I cannot thank Mike enough for his time and trouble and making our first ever visit to the Lendal Tower and York unforgettable and wanting to come back again...but only if the Tower is available.

9 Sep 2014
I am thrilled to hear that you all had such a brilliant time at the Tower and that it exceeded your expectations. It is also great that your surprise went down so well, it is a first for me to hear that the Tower moved someone to tears!

It was a delight to have you all at the Tower and don't worry, I am sure we will be able to accommodate you in the future!

janton76
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“In the words of my 10 year old nephew "AWESOME"”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

we were lucky enough to stay in Lendal Tower for 2 nights and really wish we could have stayed for longer. The tower is amazing in every way, from bottom to top, and I mean top, the views from the roof terrace are out of this world. The bedrooms are spacious and luxurious and the spa bath in the master bedroom is a real treat.
The location of the tower could not be better and the addition of garage parking right next to the property is unique in the city centre. Mike was really helpful and we will definitely be back, we just wish we could be there at Christmas.

Travelling group: Extended Family
26 Aug 2014
Many thanks for your kind words and I'm delighted you all had a great time and that your nephew in particular found the Tower to his liking! I'd love to be able to welcome you back to the Tower any time, and if you are interested in experiencing the Tower festively decorated (and hopefully snow capped), we do still have a few dates in December available!

All the best,

Mike
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing