“As good as it gets.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Lendal Tower

Lendal Tower
The stunning four-poster bed located in the master bedroom Master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lendal Tower
The stunning four-poster bed located in the master bedroom
Luxury Roll Top Copper Bath
The Tower in the snow
The Tower in the snow II
Visit England 5 Star Grading
Visit England Gold Award Winning
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Farrierre...
“As good as it gets.”
Reviewed April 4, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

Amazing place to stay. Historic castle, centrally placed with perfect river views. Greater luxury than a 5 star hotel.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
7 Apr 2015
I am delighted to hear that you had such a great time. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back to the Tower in the future.

Kind Regards

Mike & Nathan
Tracy B
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed March 4, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

This was a fantastic holiday my Daughter had her 16th birthday and my Husband had his 50th birthday . It was magical . We are absolutely going to book next year. The best holiday we have ever had and we have been on many.

Liked best: The whole experience of being in Lendal Tower .Fantastic
Liked least: There is nothing to comment on this as it was all superb !!!
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
5 Mar 2015
Thank you for your kind words. I'm delighted to hear you had such a great stay at the Tower. I hope your daughter and husband enjoyed their birthday celebrations and we would be more than happy to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Rio725
Los Angeles, California
“We chose the best place to stay in York!”
Reviewed February 11, 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

This was my first time renting a Holiday Cottage verse staying at a hotel. Mike replied to my emails and questions right away. I was impressed, so I booked a 5 night stay for 4 friends. Mike and Nathan met us on arrival and gave us a complete tour of our medieval Tower. I stayed in the master bedroom with the amazing bathtub/jacuzzi. My Mom had the bedroom under me, which is probably the best room in the house. Our friend Tom stayed in the mezzanine bedroom and our 4th friend stayed in the living room and slept on the pull out sofa. We loved staying here! We were enveloped with not only the history inside of our Tower, but by the outside city as well. From our rooftop you are so close to the ruins of St Mary's Abbey. You could just picture Henry VIII's men tearing it down because of his dissolution of the monastaries. Look up hill and there is York Minster. The other side is the Roman Wall and of course River Ouse. The only negative, wifi is shotty, due to the old stone walls. My mom was able to sign on to York's free city wifi from her room. Other reviewers mentioned street noise. Yes, you will hear the geese and pub crawlers, but being a compact city, I believe no matter where you stay, you will not avoid that. Recommendations....The Perky Peacock coffee shop right across the tower on the other side of the river. We also had an amazing dinner at The Star Inn in the City right next door. The train station is just across the bridge. Everything is in walking distance. We also rented a car one day by the train station and did an easy day trip to Wakefield and visted Pontefract and Sandal Castles. This, in my opinion, is the only place to stay if you're going to visit York.

Travelling group: Friends
12 Feb 2015
Many thanks for your kind words regarding the Tower and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the experience of both the Tower and York itself. I am also especially pleased that you had such a great first experience of staying in a self-catering property.

I also appreciate your comments regarding the wifi and outside noise levels. We will look into the possibility of signal extenders to try increase the wifi coverage and as you will have noticed, we have had secondary glazing installed to top two floor bedrooms and will look to expand this to the lower floors when we can to further reduce noise levels.

Once again thank you for your fantastic review and I sincerely hope we can welcome you back to Lendal Tower in the future.

Best Regards,

Mike & Nathan
GlendaL61
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Luxurious, Lovely, Enchanting Lendal Tower”
Reviewed February 8, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed at Lendal Tower to celebrate our Daughters 18th Birthday travelling with 4 teenagers.

The Tower is a magical, enchanting place superbly located for access to York and all its attractions.....from the moment we booked to arriving everything ran smoothly. When we arrived we were met at the Tower by Nathan who gave us a guided tour of the Tower explaining every detail - we were greeted with a welcome hamper and a bottle of Prosecco for our Daughter a nice touch thank you....What can I say about the Tower it is a beautiful, warm, magical place with every luxury you need - it is furnished in keeping with its charm but everything is modern and luxurious. The girls had a fantastic time being Princesses for the weekend and the tower makes you feel both privileged and special.....

The views from the rooftop terrace are a photographers dream with the Minster in the near distance to the museum gardens and river. Superbly located to all the attractions that York offers....All in all the perfect place to spend a weekend...we will return

Liked best: Staying in a tower - magical
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Large groups
9 Feb 2015
Thank you very much for your kind words.

I'm delighted to hear you all had a great time and that we were able to help make your daughter's 18th birthday really special.

I hope you have taken lots of great pictures and fond memories from your stay at the Tower and we hope to see you again soon

Carl P
Boldon, United Kingdom
“As good as it gets”
Reviewed January 27, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

I booked Lendal Tower as a surprise for my Mother's 50th birthday weekend, and we were all completely blown away by the place. Everything about it is hugely impressive, from the rich history of the building, to the luxurious decor and prime location. The bedrooms in particular are stunning, and the views offered over the river are spectacular. In addition, the place is handily equipped with everything you could possibly need during your stay. We would like to return in the summer to take advantage of the roof terrace and be true Kings of the Castle! It exceeded all of my expectations (which were already sky high!) and we will definitely be returning!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything about the building itself - breathtaking!
Liked least: Having to leave!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
28 Jan 2015
Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm delighted we were able to help make your Mother's 50th birthday special.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back in the summer to experience the roof terrace and hopefully give you a brief taste of Royalty.

Thank you for staying and I hope to see you again soon.

KANKO
LOS ANGELES
“Charactrer, history, and location all wrapped in one nice package.”
Reviewed January 7, 2015 for a stay in December 2014

My family and I had a blast. The Tower is a treat to stay in. The attention to detail and overall design made for a great stay in York. I would love to come back in the summer to get the most out of the roof-top deck. The kitchen is top-notch, definitely great for a large or extended family stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: History,design, and location of the property
Liked least: Upper floor (Master) was a little on the cool side.
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
8 Jan 2015
Thank you very much for your kind words. It's great to hear you and your family had such a good time and were able to make use of the facilities.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back to the Tower, so you can experience the roof terrace on a summer's evening.

East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Travelling group: Friends
13 Nov 2014
Many thanks for your kind review, I am really glad to hear that you all had such a great time and that the stairs kept you fit!

I will take on board the suggestions you have made regarding the towels. Concerning your comments about the draughty top room and noise on a Saturday, as you mentioned the windows are single glazed due to the age of the building however we are having secondary glazing installed at the end of this month (November) which will hopefully solve these issues.

Once again I am delighted you all had such a great stay and I hope I can welcome you back in the future.

All the best,

Mike
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing