“Rubbish” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bowman's

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
Bowman's
Ranked #3 of 205 York B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“Rubbish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

We did not stay finally. I made a booking over seven months before my stay by email and got conformation from them after one month. As they replied very late so I did not feel safe then I called for make sure my booking before I went to UK 3 months ago, She told me she did not make the booking for me and asked me sent her everything again, called again after I sent and she noted but did not do anything for her mistake.

I was lucky to fine another B&B to stay otherwise I may sleep whit my mother in York's street. She told me she did not charge me so did not feel any problem, as I went with my old mother so I tried to prepare everything well. I don't really understand why who manage a hotel could say like this horrible and irresponsible words.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank sharonw616

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

My husband and I spent two nights at the Bowmans for our annual xmas shopping break.We have been visitng York twice yearly for the past 12 years and this is our first stay at the Bowmans.
We chose this b and b becuase of the reviews on the York tripadvisor forum and due to its proximity to the town centre.We were not dissapointed, it is located in a quiet street about 8-10mins to the town, although there is a railway line along side the street this was not a problem at all. Debbie, the landlady is as friendly as other reports say,she showed us to our room on arrival and provided us with a cup of tea. Our room was a double at the front of the building which although a littler smaller than anticipated was very nicely decorated and short of nothing. It was alos immaculately clean.The bed was comfortable and plenty of storage space....not to mention the block of Butterscotch Green & Blacks, how did Debbie know this was my favourite? We were issued with a Parking permit and the car was parked directly in front of the B&B. The braekfast was lovely, cooked well, lots of choice.
We will definately return.

2 Thank suzywillows
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

My wife and myself spent two nights at Bowman's while on a pre xmas break in York. We arrived in the afternoon and the owner was not able to greet us however she had left everything we needed including a parking permit in our room. We had room 2 at the front of the building which was a good size with an ensuite bath/shower.

It was located about a 10 minute walk to York minster and so was ideally placed and we did not need to use our car at all during our stay.

Breakfast was a choice of cereal, yoghurt, juices to start and then a full english which was perfectly cooked and delicious.

Overall a good price for a well located and clean b&b.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Exceptionally good b&b. The breakfasts were delicious, the room was immaculate, and the Bowmans were friendly and very hardworking (the house had been beautifully decorated for Christmas) - we had no complaints at all. The house is also very well situated being located on a quiet road with only a 5-10 minute walk to the Minster area. Would definitely recommend!

1 Thank ManchesterFred
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

This must be one of the best b&bs in York, if not THE best. The house is immaculate and the room I stayed in was just perfect, with all the thoughtful touches that characterise this place. Really good breakfasts and everything cooked just as you like it. Debra Bowman and her husband really do run a superb establishment.Excellently situated too - under 10 mins leisurely walk to York Minster. I shall definitely stay here again when I next visit York.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

Just got back from a weekend break in York. Over the years we have stayed in many of Yorks b&bs the Bowmans is second to none. Beautiful clean rooms,lovely breakfast but the highlight of this place is Debra herself; warm and freindly, she takes great pride in what she does and it shows.The perfect host.

2 Thank John C
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

Me and my boyfriend went to this B&B with some friends for a weekend away, the service was excellent and Debra was the perfect host. The breakfast was also amazing.
The B&B was situated within 5-10 minutes walking distance of the walls and was perfect as you could escape the hustle and bustle of the town centre and get a decent nights sleep.
The finishing touches of the room made a massive difference, we had various different teas and coffees to chose from, a large chocolate bar and the rooms were immaculately clean.
I would definitely go to this B&B again and cannot find any faults. Thank you Debra for making our stay enjoyable.