“What a treat! ”

The Water Mill Tearooms
Ranked #251 of 1,592 Restaurants in Northamptonshire
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Description: A beautiful tearoom set on the River Nene. Come and enjoy a slice of homemade cake (vegan and gf options available) whilst taking in the stunning surroundings. Ingredients are locally sourced and of the finest quality. We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

I am a big cafe fan, I even run a cafe instagram to keep my extensive photo taking of cake at bay! It was such a treat to be introduced to such a gorgeous cafe by my friend (who's been back countless times already since the new owner took it on!) I was instantly struck by how warm and welcoming it was, watching the mill go round makes it extra special too and if the suns out the river view is beautiful too!
I was very excited by the cake selection and was talked through each choice and even told about a cake which was being freshly made! I have a nut allergy so finding somewhere that doesn't treat me like a pain in the bum because of that is such a breath of fresh air!
We had a delicious brunch of sausage baps and eggs with coffees and then had cakes and a big pot of tea!
Can't wait to return to try another slice of cake!
X

2  Thank Emily G

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

This is such a lovely cafe. Been a few times after paddle boarding over the road.

Loads of outside space for dogs, warm and friendly welcome, proper sized pots of tea and oh my god the cake!

I’ve rarely seen such a great selection. And they are generous sizes.

Well worth a visit if you’re nearby.

1  Thank Holidaybird64
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

In August when I visited The Water Mill for the first time, I left this feedback on their Facebook page: 'Glorious cakes, splendid teas, delightful staff and stunning surroundings. I can't wait for my next visit!'

My next visit, and the one after that, oh and the one after that... didn't disappoint. I've visited with friends, colleagues and family and have a list of people from Kent, Market Harborough, London and Melton Mowbray who are really keen for me to show them these lovely new tearooms and try Iona's WONDERFUL cakes!

The atmosphere of both a weekday and a weekend has been very relaxing and friendly, with conversations even flowing from table to table with people delighting in the surroundings, great food and excellent teas. Staff are enthusiastic and contribute to a calm and enjoyable experience. My young baby has also been welcomed with open arms (quite literally!) and as a new mum it can be daunting taking a baby out to different places, but the staff have been very accommodating and the changing facilities are good.

My personal faves:
the Blooming Marvellous tea - light and refreshing
The Eggs Royale - poached to perfection!
The Apple Crumble Cake - wow!
The Dark Chocolate and Ginger slice - stunning.

Again, I can't wait for my next visit.

1  Thank Kate A
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Myself & the children have been several times now to The Water Mill and we're always greeted with a warm smile & hello. The homemade cakes are delicious & both children love the chocolate brownies. A definite place to visit, beautiful views as well when sat outside.

1  Thank Fletchfamily
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

I have now visited the Water Mill twice in as many days I just hope the owner does not think I am a stalker!
I popped in for the first time on Sunday with my parents as many friends had recommended the tea rooms and I was most certainly not disappointed!
A friendly welcome, a cozy relaxed atmosphere and the most divine cakes I have ever tasted!
Even though it was Sunday and very busy with local regulars (apparent by the greetings bandied about which was a good indication of the popularity!) we were treated to a well organised service of truly delicious food!
I was so impressed I returned the next day with my friend and her two small children and whilst being Monday it was much quieter we had time to chat to the proprietor who happily gave us some history on the building, the Water wheel and the surrounding area!
More delicious cake aaas consumed and some very nice flavoured lattes! I loved the individual teapots and China cups my friend's tea arrived in! Charming!
Thank you The Watermill, I shall return until my waistband prevents me