“Warming lunch”

Ranked #22 of 592 Restaurants in Northampton
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Surprised they weren't busier on Easter Sunday, we were the first in at lunchtime after a tour of the attached 78 Derngate house. Piping hot delicious soup -someone knows their spicing - and warm bread much appreciated on a chilly day, as was the generous pot of tea for two which yielded three cups each. Service very attentive, nothing too much trouble. The cream teas are legendary apparently. Views over the park, snowy tablecloths, mismatched vintage china... lovely atmosphere. Look forward to a return visit.

1  Thank silentcharacter75

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Went here for my birthday and had the most gorgeous cream tea. So much to eat I had to take lots home with me, which I tucked into later that day.
Lovely atmosphere, very friendly staff.
Would highly recommend

1  Thank Lynn M
Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

I came here for my birthday. It's a beautiful little place. Just enough room with everyone else around. I couldn't bring my pushchair in as there was not enough space so I left it outside the room.
The food was stunning. I loved everything! The staff were very friendly.

1  Thank Bee P
Reviewed January 9, 2018

Came here for our anniversary for afternoon tea. The service was fantastic, food was great. It was a nice day so a table was setup outside on the patio. Would highly recommend going here to everyone.

1  Thank James B
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

Eight of us had our Xmas lunch on a Thursday.
We had pre-ordered from an extensive & varied menu & the service was excellent from very friendly staff.
Environment is bright & welcoming with linen tablecloths & napkins!
The quality of the hot & cold food & drink was excellent & vg value.

1  Thank Paulus1954