“Great place to eat”

Ranked #12 of 597 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: US$13 - US$38
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Local. Seasonal. Fresh. The home of local ale and quality food in Dallington, Northamptonshire
Reviewed July 12, 2018

Love this place, have eaten there numerous times now and it's always a treat in every way. Service is excellent, the pub is lovely and it's such an enjoyable place to go.
We've been as a couple and with friends several times and everything has always been spot on.
Wednesday night 2 for 1 burger night is cracking, and any other day still offers good value and very nice food. Will be going back.....again and again

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Been countless times, both as a couple and in a group and could not fault the pub. Incredible food, friendly accommodating staff, wonderful atmosphere. Always excited for a Wheatsheaf Wednesday. Would return much anytime somebody says the word Wheatsheaf.

Reviewed June 26, 2018

this was one of the best Sunday lunches I have had away from home. The meat was well cooked and the choice of the vegetables was excellent. Add to that attentive and prompt service and its well worth the cost.

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Recently moved into the area and heard good reviews about the Wheatsheaf but whoever was making these review obviously didn’t experience what we experienced

I ordered a blade of beef with fondant potato what arrived was two slices of beef and a half a boiled potato

When the waitress (who was good) asked if everything was I said this isn’t a blade I watched her go to the serving hatch and tell the chef who promptly lectured her but didn’t come and explain to me isn’t was more interested in dancing to the music

On a positive side we had a couple of Gin & Tonics

I won’t be rushing back there and if they say that’s up to me I’ve diverted several people from attending to eat

1  Thank Phat8oy
Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

On 22 June 2018 ten friends met up at the excellent public house & restaurant in Dallington. We had pre-booked as is customary and polite with a large party.
This is in an prestigious village of Dallington opposite the church of St Mary the virgin.
We all chose to enjoy a drink from the bar as a pre-meal aperitif, the Wheatsheaf is owned by Everards family brewery from Leicester. The establishment is very well presented and has an excellent family garden, with an area for the next generation to play and enjoy a meal while ensuring the children are monitored.
We ordered our meals from a well presented menu by extremely friendly staff.
I personally ordered the breaded line caught Cod from a selection of at least seven options, the fish was fresh, nicely cooked and presented to a high standard. It was delicious as were the handout chips and the mushy peas with Tartar sauce.
This was followed by an excellent selection of desserts all looked delightful.
The clear impression I came away with is this is a well run and managed establishment, clearly run by a family who CARE.
Highly recommended and I have no relationship to the Wheatsheaf Dallington whatsoever. But I know quality when I see it. It's not a McDonald's or a cheap restaurant, it's not cheap, but it is quality from the moment you drive into the car park to the time you leave.
10 out of 10 from me.