All reviews queen eleanor the pub hungry horse restaurant garden centre triple glazing busy road pub next door usual standard main road next morning comfortable room cooked breakfast bath shower stayed nights family room short break visiting family
Reviewed May 6, 2018

Very pleasant place, great for families as the pub garden has a play area. We didn’t eat at the pub, but it’s a hungry horse and it was very busy, which I believe is a good sign! Good location with wyvale and Waitrose a short walk away.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed April 30, 2018

We arrived late on Saturday very tired, but the pub attached to the hotel was playing loud music until 00:30am, and then the people above us were stomping around - not a good nights sleep!

The room itself was clean and well maintained. - Ask for a room on the other side of the building to the pub!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights while visiting family. Check in was quick and the receptionist was welcoming and friendly as was all over staff that we met. Room was bright and airy and spacious. The bar and restaurant attached to it was nice and the food was great value and very tasty. Breakfast though was a let down. The croissants etc were all stale, the cooked breakfast was ok except the sausages. I’d stay here again though.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

Having stayed at many excellent Premier Inns such as Glastonbury, Dudley, Newton Abbott, Thetford, Norwich Central to name but a few, am very disappointed to be writing this review. Whenever my family and I are looking to stay somewhere in the UK, Premier Inn has always been the 1st choice, until now.
This review is nothing against the hotel itself but rather the attached Hungry Horse.
We were greeted at the Premier Inn by excellent and friendly staff (the female staff member could not do enough for us), the room was very clean and spacious. So why is this a 1 star review you ask ?
On check in the kind and very helpful member of staff called the attached Hungry Horse restaurant to book my young son, wife a table for dinner. The kind member of staff also got 2 pillows and restaurant menus. The nice lady was fantastic.
The staff member at the Premier Inn booked a table at 19:30 at the Hungry Horse for my family. On arrival, the restaurant / pub was very busy. The staff member at Hungry Horse we spoke to said they had received reservation requests from the Premier Inn, but were too busy to reserve a table. We were forced to get back into the car and find an alternative restaurant that we eventually found in nearby Kettering. We returned to the Premier Inn around 21:30 and noticed a very loud disco was going on at the Hungry Horse. They were playing very loud and aggressive bassy music, which while I am writing is still going on at 22:51 and giving me a head ache. We have an active day planned tomorrow (Sunday) and with this invasive music going on we have no chance of getting our 7 year old boy to sleep. In fact, we have no chance of getting a full and restful sleep in this hotel tonight. I am livid and wish I had just driven up to our destination directly on Sunday instead (without the hotel stay). What a waste on £77, this was supposed to be a treat not a punishment for my family ! I am bitterly disappointed and would have found it useful to know that the hotel was situated adjacent to a night club (Saturdays).
I advise anybody who has a family to avoid this hotel on Saturdays.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn Team at Premier Inn Northampton South (Wootton) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience staying with us as it was not up to the standards you were expecting. We aim to ensure every stay is perfect and so I apologise we let you down on this occasion.

I apologise you found it to be noisy during your stay due to noise from the restaurant next door. Our rooms are fully insulated to prevent an much noise as possible so I apologise you were disturbed on this occasion. I would like to assure you that your comments have been discussed with the team members responsible for monitoring and managing noise incidents to help minimise these types of disruption.

Our Reception desk is manned 24/7 so the team are always on hand to help resolve any issues you may have during your stay to make your visit more comfortable.

Please be assured I have passed all of your feedback on to the Manager of the hotel to look into with the Restaurant Manager.

Once again I apologise for the disappointment caused and hope to welcome you to one of our other hotels again in the future.

Kind regards,

Rebecca

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for nearly 3 weeks with work and had an enjoyable experience. Working night shift the staff did their best to keep the noise down for us. Speaking of the staff they are good fun, always say hello and ask if anything is needed. The rooms are large enough, clean and tidy with the usual premier inn layout.
The restaurant attached is very good. Breakfast is buffet for continental and your fry up is ordered and served to your table.
Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business