“Mrs S Mehta”

Baloo Indian Restaurant & Takeaway
Ranked #9 of 596 Restaurants in Northampton
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner for Father’s Day and FIL Birthday. There were 2 waiters who were very welcoming and paitient with us while we ordered as we had our young son with us. When I booked I mentioned the occasion we were going for. So on the way out mr Shahin gifted my fil with a nice bottle of alchol. The food was amazing. Would definitely recommend it.

3  Thank Sheena M

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Racing at Silverstone and staying at premier Inn found this restaurant on TripAdvisor. Perfect service levels with staff courteous and knowledgeable. Fish tikka was sublime with delicate tastes. What a gem of a restaurant.

2  Thank GrahamPB
Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

Came to baloo after searching best indian restaurant in northampton well we wasnt dissapointed ordered the special king prawn and finally a restaurant that serves king prawns they where massive so tender juicy and very flavourful dish overall a good place to eat a must try.

2  Thank Jahinur R
Reviewed June 3, 2018

First time at Baloo, and i'd read the reviews in advance. I wasnt disappointed. Lots of meat/dairy free options for me and hubby and daughter happy with their choices too. Will return again

1  Thank Tracey C
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

I was passing by Northampton after a long week jam pact of meetings. I felt exhausted and I needed a place to eat my heart out so I searched the web and then I saw,sitting at Northampton's number 1 resturant,Baloo!! At first I had thought of Baloo as an ordinary indian but I was mistaken. Upon my arrival I was greeted by two gentlemen who led me to my seat without any delays. The atmosphere in the room was welcoming and the manner in which the waiters served me made me feel as if I was royalty.)
I did not order as much as I was on my lonesome. My order consisted of the Boss lamb curry with 2 naan breads. The service was super!! My food was cooked and swiftly delivered to my table within minutes which is by far the fastest i can recall. The superhuman customer service was matched by the delicious food. The food was presented with soo much precision and the colours left me in utter awe. I almost didnt want to eat it as it was so mesmorising.

After admiring the dishes as they were layed out in front of me i took my first bite.
The flavours overwhelmed my mouth and I could taste all the spices exploding upon my tongue. My taste buds were under a spell and I couldnt resist the temptation of taking another bite. Before I knew it my plate was wiped clean.

Once I was finally full I called over a waiter and he cleaned up my table and plates. The waiter also asked me whether i had enjoyed my meal and he wished me a great day.

After this service I had recieved I had to come back for more and I knew I was not yet finished with Baloo. For anyone who has any doubts with this resturant just know that you are missing out if you choose not to visit. The service was divine and the food was perfect. I would also like to personally thank the managment team of Baloo for exposing me to such great flavours from asia and i'm expecting to have many more experiences with you soon. 1

2  Thank Fahim A