“Very tasty good value Thai food”
Review of Paste

Paste
Ranked #276 of 1,411 Restaurants in Nottingham
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Three of us popped in for a quick meal before heading to the cinema. We told staff our time was short and they were very helpful in getting us sorted

There has been a Thai restaurant on this site for some time - and there are others in the area - so to get a new angle is not always easy - particularly in this middle price range. However we food the food here uniformly tasty and good value

I have the shrimp pad this, my son had a vegetarian tofu dish and my wife had a spicy dish. All dishes were great.

drinks list is pretty standard and reasonable

Staff are lovely and helpful

definitely will put this on my regular list for Hockley night out

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Busy day of prepping for the week and shopping lead me to consider a takeaway for dinner. It was 5pm and I have just randomly came across this restaurant/takeaway from one of my friend's page who posted a dinner take away the evening prior.

Not much experience with Thai foo,d but if you are a beginner as myself, a fantastic place to start.

The entrance looks as a generic takeaway and I am sure i have past it plenty but never caught my eye. When you walk in, a very warm staff welcomes you and seats you at the table. I felt very cosy and comfortable, setting is open and the place is way bigger than it seems.

Once again, the staff is super polite, very attentive and nothing is too much of a task for them. Everything on the menu sounded so good (especially when you are starving) so perhaps ordered more than we could chew, but oh well...

Starter for two - fantastic selection of prawn toast, satay chicken, marinated beef, thai fishcakes (my fave). I would say smaller portions than maybe elsewhere, but the taste was amazing! And they ave served it on a lovely golden tray, so eye catching too!

I have also ordered the Tom Kha Soup (coconut soup and mushrooms) with king prawns. The soup was strong and pungent, loved it and the prawns were cooked to perfection! Often this is not the case with most places.

Main (we were struggling to get through, and we do like our food):
I have gone for a Thai green curry with rice and beef (Gang Kiew Wan & Moo Dad Deaw). Very creamy, rich and filling and got a kick, but not too hot! Lots of bamboo shoots in it, which is not my fave but that is just a personal taste.
Second main we went for was Chef's Special - duck topped with Paste’s signature tamarind sauce (Bhed / Goong Makham) and it is a hefty portion! The tamarind sauce is sweet and savoury, very rich, duck was cooked through, but perfectly soft, moist and sooo crispy! Served on a bed of fried rice noodles, with some steamed veg. Ordered sticky coconut rice with it, but to be fair, I think we could of done without it as at this point we were so full!

I would be definitely going back to work my way through the menu :) But I suggest, that if it is two of you going, chose the dishes and share them, as it might seem a small bowl of curry but the flavours are very filling.

Definitely try the creamy green Thai tea (tastes of jasmine) and cannot recall the name - purple cold drink which was basically an ice tea, but so fantastic and tangy, very refreshing!

Overall, very happy and pleased with the service and food and glad I have given it a go. Cannot wait to go back! :)

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018

I have visited the restaurant with my husband on my birthday, food is very authentic like what you have in Thailand. My favorite is Noodle soup with pork and fish ball , and my husband had number 777 Weeping Tiger.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 28, 2018

We visited on a Friday evening, it was busy and the staff looked lost. Our drink took ages to arrive, we assumed they forgot, but they eventually arrived. We waited quite long for food. When one main arrived I reminded them that we hadn't had our starter yet. They left the one main and also brought the second one, which was wrong, so they took that back. We eventually got our starter and I got the right main. The food was tasty but wouldn't go back.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank ΣΟΦΙΑ Κ
Reviewed March 27, 2018

Tasty food and a good price, but the atmosphere is a bit clinical, lights are too bright and the tables are packed in.

Date of visit: February 2018