Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel
US$84
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$56
  • Restaurant
P and J Hotel(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$79
  • Breakfast included
US$61
US$44
Agoda.com
Ibis Nottingham Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$49
Hotwire.com
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
US$71
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Nottingham Central Hotel(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$47
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
1,179 results
All reviewscity padprivilege roomcomplimentary soft drinkscity centrelace market car parkfletcher gatenespresso machinebars and restaurantslovely hotelnoise from the streetair conhotel barcapital fm arenaone way systemmulti storeygreat central locationsaturday night
Reviewed May 24, 2012

On booking in with my GF the staff was very arrogant and impolite just because I look young and don't wear a suit it seemed, then when we got to our room I thought it seemed rather small and nothing like the pictures or description after booking for the suite so I went to the reception to be rudely told all rooms are different and dont look like the pictures so after 10 minutes of arguing that it should at least be like the description she changed my room to the suite with no apology of my time wasted as we missed Ice skating due to the swapping of rooms, and the suite did not have any toiletries but luckily we brought some, though I have to say the Night staff were extremely nice and friendly. but as I dont get alot of free time my day was ruined from earlier on with no apology. Overall I would recommend this hotel aslong as they give you the right room and the night staff are working in the day.

Room Tip: Highest floor comes with excellent view but suites only are on the top.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with us 5 months ago.
Due to our original Georgian layout, all of our bedrooms are completely individual which gives us a huge variety of shapes and sizes in all bedroom categories.
We note that you originally made a reservation for one of our 'Privilege' bedrooms and that you were given a complimentary upgrade to one of our 'Suites' on arrival at the hotel. I am truly sorry to read your comments regarding your perception of our receptionist on arrival, however I also thank you for your kind words about the friendliness of our night team.
Now that the hotel has been open for a while please feel free to stay with us again so we can show you how we have grown since your last visit to Nottingham

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed at the Mercure Nottingham City hotel on the 19th of May for one night as we were going to see Guns and Roses at the arena. This is a great hotel located right in the heart of Nottingham town centre surrounded by shops, restaurants and bars, everything you need is right on the doorstep, an added bonus for us was that the arena is only a 5 minute walk away. The hotel has no parking so you have to use the multi story car park just around the corner but it is only a 2 minute walk away and the hotel stamps your ticket to receive a subsidy. We had booked a standard double room but on arrival we were upgraded to an executive room on the 3rd floor (325) which overlooked the main street, I had read earlier reviews saying these rooms could be noisy but we didn’t hear a thing even though the street was busy, the triple glazing really does it’s job. The room itself was great, very spacious with a fairly large en suite bathroom and both refurbished to a very high standard. The reception staff were great recommending restaurants and providing maps and directions, in fact all the staff we met were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included in our booking which was a buffet style, there is plenty of selection to suit every taste and like the rest of the hotel the dining area is very stylish. The only problem we encountered was trying to book a room, I tried all the usual online booking sites and all said no rooms available. I then rang the number on the Mercure website (0871 663 0627) who informed me that as I only wanted a room for one night on a weekend I would not be able to get a room, they then tried to sell me rooms at other hotels. I finally rang the hotel direct and was able to book a room which all seems a little bizarre. The hotel is a little pricey at £130 a night but if you want a great hotel in a fantastic position then I would recommend you book the Mercure.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank azertyuiop_9

Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review, we're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay whilst coming to a concert at the Arena. Your comments about our central location and friendly staff are greatly appreciated by the team.
Feel free to call us direct again when you need to make another reservation, we would look forward to welcoming you back again when you are next visiting Nottingham!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

A group of 15 of us stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is really modern and in a good central spot. There is a Lloyds bar over the road which we used for meeting up and breakfast etc and a sainsburys, handy for bits and bobs.
The one downside was they take a £60 'deposit' for any room service when you check in, even if you don't want any room service. A friend was left short of money for the weekend and ended up overdrawn (bank charges!) because of this. In my experience, the hotel usually takes a blank swipe of your card for details, not 'reserve' £60 from your bank account, which should be refunded come check out.
Nice bar and breakfast area (but we never used it)
Our room was quite large compared to some others so we were lucky, only downside was the noise through the night from drunks, then bin men, then road sweepers!
We enjoyed our stay in Nottingham at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
We always process a pre-authorisation against all credit or debit cards, this is now standard practice in the vast majority of hotels. It provides a security check to prevent fraudulent transactions (protecting the cardholder) and ensures that funds are available from the card that has been presented to us for payment.
We're so pleased to hear that you found us modern and our central location provided a great base for exploring Nottingham. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next girly weekend!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I've stayed at other hotels when visiting Nottingham, but I certainly will not in the future. My first time at the Mercure Nottingham and I'll never stay anywhere else! It's quiet, clean and recently renovated. The gym is nice, the breakfast was very good and the location is perfect. The staff are all very nice too. Highly recommend this place...great value for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the back area. There is a bar that plays loud music that might bother someone who goes to bed early.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SlvrPdle
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
Your personal recommendation means a lot to us and we're so pleased to hear that you'll never stay anywhere else for your visits to Nottingham!
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Newly refurbiished central Hotel. Realy good location, rooms were good although small, very modern.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew J

Thank you for posting your comments. Glad to hear that you liked our location and modern makeover!
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Nottingham