“Slow service for average meal ”
Review of Bel Paese

Bel Paese
Ranked #446 of 1,376 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

Three hours for a two course meal and it wasn’t amazing food.
It could of been worse I could of been on the table of 6 that waited longer than we did and when they complained the waitress was shockingly rude with her reply.

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

Groupon says 2x courses. Half price chalkboard menu. We had 1 starter 2x main . One off chalkboard, wine and 2x desserts. Expected to pay for 1x starter, 1 x half price main from chalkboard and wine. Instead we had to pay for 1x starter, 1x half price main and Two desserts!!! And wine. Not stipulated on Groupon or on arrival by waitress that it has to be starter and main. A complete con! Most expensive meal ever! Owner rude! We live locally and have been here before. BUT NEVER AGAIN. THEY DESERVE TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS!

2  Thank Tracey B
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

We went for a lovely meal and couldn’t fault the food or the service . We saw some awful reviews before we came but seriously what more could you ask from a small local restaurant? We would recommend and go again.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

We visited last night with a Groupon. Whether this affects food and service, I don't know
The place is shabby, dingy and dirty. The waitress was awful, rude and ill mannered. When she took our order she wreaked of cigarette smoke To start we had bruschetta and stuffed mushrooms. The mushrooms weren't stuffed as, but baked in a dish with an oily cheese sauce aver the top. The dish was black around the edges. Bruschetta was ok, but the bread was burnt at the edges. We had veg canneloni and chicken cacciatore. Both were dreadul! canneloni dry and portion was tiny. Cacciatore looked nice, with a mushroom sauce and served with veg and roast potatoes. The chicken was dry and tough, veg was ok. The chef seemed surprised to hear that I was disppointed and said"next time you come, I make you the best chicken". Why wasn't I served the best chicken last night? To finish the toilets were up a steep narrow staircase, so excluding less able bodied and wheelchair users. the toilets were filthy...I'll say no more. If this restaurant is using Groupon to boost custom, they need to make massive changes.

1  Thank Stephanie C
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Nice small restaurant in Stapleford. My boyfriend and I came with a Groupon voucher. We both chose off the a la carte menu, the specials also looked good but been 8 months pregnant couldn't have any seafood dishes but wish I could have!

We both had stuffed mushrooms for starters - came nice and hot wish we had asked for some bruchetta or garlic bread to soak up the sauce. My boyfriend had seafood spaghetti which he really enjoyed and I had chicken in sauce with potatoes and roast vegetables also really tasty.

The house red wine was nice and not too heavy went really well with the meal.

Staff were really friendly and welcoming would recommend as a nice quiet meal out and good quality food for a great price.