“Probably the best 'Cafeteria' I know”

Burford Garden Company Cafe
Ranked #20 of 40 Restaurants in Burford
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Contemporary, light-filled glasshouse cafe-restaurant at the heart of the iconic Burford Garden Company. Independent and family-owned. The style is modern rustic. Serving fresh food cooked from scratch daily in on-site kitchens by award-winning chefs and bakers. There is an emphasis on healthy, colourful and flavoursome salads, delicatessen style savouries, seasonal soups, beautifully presented open sandwiches, home-reared lamb, and organic chicken to the season. Artisan baked cakes and breads, UE roasted coffees and premium teas complete the picture. Informal style, no reservations. Open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon teas and light bites all day. Seasonal pop-ups with specialities such as British tapas. Adjacent food hall, premium garden centre, home interiors store, furniture, children's emporium, clothing store and art gallery. Warm service, and we hope, an inspiring place to visit and shop!
Reviewed May 19, 2018

Inside a shopping experience that is far greater than a garden centre is a very good near restaurant. They offer a variety of hot meals cooked on the premises, usually including some kind of casserole/stew, another counter offers very imaginative salads, another has desserts, [including big scones and clotted cream for cream teas], another has open sandwiches. Aside from food they offer a variety of coffees and teas, with a number of specialist drinks and wines, from my angle their omission of an array of diet drinks is unfortunate. The quality is generally excellent, if a little 'rustic', served in a large pleasant room on nice quality crockery, altogether a really pleasant dining experience - the only reason I give it 4 stars rather than 5 is that it is not a restaurant with waitress service, but I know a number of eating establishments nearby who describe themselves as restaurants which are nowhere near as good.

1  Thank captaincamden

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

May an old friend for lunch here on Monday, had open sandwiches which were fine, interesting place to wander.

Reviewed April 26, 2018

My rating of poor applies to the coffee served and not to the staff or surroundings which were both pleasant. However, at £2.70 for a small cup of weak, tasteless coffee I feel the place is charging money for old rope. Capuccino in name only I'm afraid - as I said the coffee itself was watery and what should be the foam on the top was more like the froth from soap suds. It beats me how other reviewers have described their coffee as excellent. Guess they're very easily pleased. Anyway, I shall not be wasting my money there again.

BurfordGardenCompany, General Manager at Burford Garden Company Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Thank you. We are sorry our cappuccino was not to your individual liking. Please be assured our coffee is a carefully selected fair trade one we have roasted for us by a local, high quality artisan roaster. Strength-wise and roast-wise you are correct it is not as strong as some of the more commercial, mainstream American or Italian brands, but our selection is chosen specifically to sit in the middle roast-wise so as to appeal to the widest possible palate. Not too strong, and not too weak.

So, yes we appreciate coffee taste is very individual and we acknowledge that is is not possible to please everyone. We are always happy to 'double-drop' (with 2 shots of coffee) a cappuccino,for those who like a bit more kick, or indeed add more milk for those preferring a lighter taste. Please let the servers know at our coffee bar and we will always do our best to fine tune a hot drink to our customers' liking whenever possible.

Best wishes, Burford Garden Company

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

This is a huge garden center , but also carries , garden and indoor furniture , clothing , bird supplies , flowers , plants , planters and so much more. Also.... a great cafe.
We had scones , clotted cream , butter , jams and tea. This was just wonderfully British , and delicious. Just what I wanted for my short visit to England.

Reviewed April 20, 2018

Taking the garden centre cafe to a whole new level. Excellent coffee and indulgent cakes, it is almost worth coming to the garden centre just to go to the cafe. Not to mention the surroundings. Every detail has been thought through to enhance the “refuelling” experience. Now get out there and garden shop.