Visited with friends on a Secret Escapes deal which was excellent value.
What a quintessential gem of a place Burford is! Gorgeous quaint Cotswold stone houses in a village packed with charm and character. Nestling in the midst of the High Street is The Bull Inn, a 15th Century Coach House, bursting with character and history.
The staff were so warm and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. Rooms nicely furnished and comfortable but it is,a very old building with quaint passages and stairs.
Food was excellent. Good choice of menu with very generous portions and breakfast one of the best selections we've seen. The fresh honeycomb was a particularly nice touch.
There is a very small car park at the rear of the hotel but access is quite different especially if you have a larger vehicle. However, there is a free car park within easy walking distance as well as plenty of on street parking so wasn't a problem.
Highly recommended. Will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the middle of the popular Cotswold town of Burford, this historic former coaching inn offers 18 bedrooms catering for a variety of tastes, requirements and budgets and wonderful food in its restaurant and bar. The friendly staff are always on hand to offer help and advice. For best value try the Dinner, Bed & Breakfast rate, which gives you the best of both worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Bull at Burford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bull At Burford Hotel Burford
- Old Bull Burford
- The Bull At Burford UK - England