“Great beer garden!”

The Angel at Burford
Reserve with OpenTable
The Angel at Burford is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Burford
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Angel at Burford is an award winning Gastro Pub located in the beautiful Cotswold town of Burford. We are Hook Norton's Food Pub of the Year in 2015, and hold an AA Rosette.
Reviewed July 14, 2018

Lovely old pub with the best menu in Burford. Excellent food and great service! A real treat. Simply charming!

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Great food and customer service. We had a lovely table in the garden, shaded by parasols - will definitely return

Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

What a lovely pub. The staff were friendly and helpful to both us and our dogs, the garden is beautiful and the food was excellent. We had a late breakfast and the food was delicious and they catered for our multiple food allergies including gluten free really very well. Thank you. We will be coming back. :-)

Reviewed July 3, 2018

My partner booked an overnight stay for my birthday and we had an enjoyable meal in their restaurant, the bar staff were friendly and then we went for a mooch around the town. We returned to our room late and it was only in the morning that I realised the amount of pink mould on the shower tiles - there was no-one around to have clean this and on inspecting another room (the door was open and room unoccupied) that too had pink mould. This spoilt my birthday getaway as I could not shower and we decided to check out and just head home after breakfast. The girl serving breakfast was incredibly miserable and the woman I mentioned the pink mould too was shocked that I found the cleanliness of the bathroom unhygienic and quite honestly disgusting, so their standards cannot be that good - A round up...only eat here, don't stay here.

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

We were directed to this pub for a late dinner by our B and B host. Had the fish and chips with mushy peas which I thoroughly enjoyed - the mushy peas were warm, with a little maintained texture from not being overlooked and lightly seasoned with fresh mint - very nice.