“ideal for weddings”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Chipping Norton
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“ideal for weddings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

we stayed here as a family of 4 with 2 small boys. I found the room to be quite small but fine for a night. Our bathroom was very large. I liked how we had been left some aromatherapy things to spray onto the pillows to help with sleep. We had the dinner bed and breakfast package. Boththe breakfast and the dinner was nice, in particular the dinner, lovely pork belly and sweet potato with crackling and the then 3 huge profiteroles but all gorgeous. The dining room is really lovely, big white chairs and very modern walls and pictures overloooking the grounds. I felt slightly uncomfortable with the children in there as it seemed quite posh. We had the earliest booking and there seemed to be a lot of staff just waiting around but as we left there seemed to be more people coming in. The hotel itself isn't in the statley home but the new building next to it attached. It is very modern inside, a bit burlesque feeling with fancy carpets and wallpaper. I wish we had longer to look around the grounds, there was a 2 mile walk with some lovely things to see along the way. We used the swimming pool which was open to members too, i noticed a sign for children's swimming lessons and we only had half of the pool other half for members, changing facilities we very nice but had to walk through old building and round a bit to get there, bit confusing but found it. It also seems like golf is a big thing there too, for members. This place would be just ideal for weddings, there are so many rooms, fancy dining facilities, a leisure and spa facility and golf for the men and lovely grounds for wedding photographs, if you're getting married go to this place! The only thing that annoyed me was that i struggled with a trolly of bags and a suitcase and 2 children through a small door and neither of the two receptionists came to help me, i'm sure they would of if i'd asked though but i shouldn't have to really should i. All in all a nice place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
GMHeythrop, Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time for providing your comments and for confirming that Heythroppark is in fact the ideal place for weddings.

We look forward to welcoming your family back to heythrop in the near future.

regards

Resort Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Daniel Arpels
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Recently stayed here with the family for one night. The hotel is very nice and in a great location. Checkin was ok but would say the staff could do with being a little more friendly. We did have trouble getting a table in the restaurant but after speaking with the manager this was quickly rectificed. The service in the restaurant was not great however the food was good. We were told we had a room overlooking the golf course however when we arrived actually the room faced the inner course yard which was a little disappointing.

Overall a good hotel and I would stay here again.

2 Thank DanielArpels
GMHeythrop, Manager at Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for providing your feedback, you can be assured that your points will be fully reviewed by the team and we will add your feedback to our ongoing training plan.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Heythrop in the near future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed here for a break for two days and the surrounding area is truly outstanding. There are beautiful grounds with amazing walks which could make this a perfect break. For me it was from London.

The service however was very poor ranging from food orders being wrong, bad management in the restaurant and my worst area was the spa where I was shouted at for being wrong about slippers even when the hotel literature said exactly what I asked I was told I was wrong. Maybe I should learned to read then? I did speak to a senior member at the hotel but he never came back to me after two months Having complained to customer services who apologised and passed on my comments to hotel management. I still had no reply from the hotel. I have even tried to post my comments 4 times here without this happening so now I have just posted some basic comments. My feelings are if you are not to bothered about the service then the hotel will offer a fantastic country break with beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Stayed here for one night, as we had a business event in here.
The room was beautifully decorated and clean. Toilet and furniture were very modern and I loved it. Bed was very confortable.
Food was ok.
Hotel grounds are just amazing.
Would recomend and come back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, as the previous review, it makes all the training worth while.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Heythrop, perhaps for a bit more leisure this time.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Having just spent 2 nights here I can say this hotel is fantastic. Great location, very well styled hotel, modern rooms & great staff. We are already planning our next stay

• Stayed April 2012
It was a pleasure to read your review, it makes all the training worth while, thank you.

Take a look at the many summer activities that we have, including our ABBA night in June! before you plan your next trip.

See you soon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We have stayed several times in this hotel and definitely will be coming back again.
Location: very good for exploring Cotswolds or just staying for couple days, you'll need a car though. Grounds are huge, golf on site, although not great for running outside unless the weather has been dry for a while.
Rooms: a bit on a smaller side for a country hotel, but new and very clean. Just make sure you stay at Crown Plaza Heythorp (not the dated old building - some reviewers confuse them).
Facilities: In addition to golf, the hotel has an ok swimming pool, small (but always empty) gym and spa. However, spa was alway busy and we could not book any treatments on the day (but we hear they have good packages if prebooked). The hotel also has child care, again not sure if it needs to be prebooked in advance. Nice bar/ lounge area on the mezzanine floor with free wifi and newspapers.
Restaurant: Nicely decorated in black&white room with great views of the grounds. Breakfast is ok, we had dinner once and while it was not too bad (beefsteak was actually quite good), there are a lot of great places to dine put within 20 mins drive.
Overall: stay in new wing and use the facilities, can be expensive if you pay full price.

• Stayed October 2011
Thankyou for taking the time to complete your review, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and are one of our many regular visitors.

As your review, I would advise all of our guests to pre-book our various packages and Spa prior to arrival as they are always very popular.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Heythrop in the near future.
birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

i had an overnight stay at crowne plaza heythrop hotel with my wife and two children.

The location is stunning, the rooms are clean however the size i would say are a bit tight in regards to the executive double bed rooms.

breakfast, contrary to what other people have put in their reviews, was fine.

Service at times however was slow, ie getting champagne to the room and checking out............. to name but a few..... however i can appreciate it was a busy time for the hotel receptionists as the hotel was booked up the night before.

would i recommend this hotel............ without a doubt.

However one thing i was disappointed with was that the two people who checked out prior to me received vouchers for a return visit............... may be i should have had a whinge about something.......... seems thats the only way you can be encouraged to come back!!!!!

1 Thank ravi s
Thankyou for your excelent comments, the team at Heythrop were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

On the return stay discount vouchers, please feel free to give me a call directly on your next planned visit and I'll arrange the relevant discount for you, my number is 01608 673333.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipping Norton
#1 of 1 in North Leigh
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,180 reviews
39.0 km away
The Oxfordshire Golf Club & Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Heythrop Park - Oxford? Share your experiences!