1,131 results
All reviewssauna and steam roomgrounds are lovelyblenheim palacewalk in showerenstoneacrescountrysidecotswolds
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel set in some beautiful grounds. Rooms are spacious and very modern for an old hotel, but it has parts that have been maintained so you can see the original beauty! Staff really helpful. Great for a trip away, business stay or events/conferences as the theatre is great for seminars and presentations!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
HPGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed out property and found your room to be spacious and modern, and that you also liked the original parts of the hotel. It is great that you found out staff to be helpful. I am also pleased to see that you like the facilities that our property has.

I hope to see you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend. Arrived and was told we had been upgraded, room had a sofa in it. The fan in the bathroom didn't work so took a long time for the steam to clear. Our stay included dinner and breakfast. Dinner was busy, ordered wine, starter arrived still no wine so had to ask. Meal excellent, breakfast not so good.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cooke1234

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am sorry to see that you were not totally satisfied with your recent stay with us, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your evening meal but sorry to see that you did not enjoy the breakfast we offer. We regularly get fantastic feedback about the food we offer and I am sorry to see that on this occasion we did not impress you/

I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2018

You'll have high expectations before you arrive. You'll have seen the lovely pictures of the exterior and close ups of food and features. Sadly, those expectations won't be met.

I stayed whilst at a conference. There were clearly more guests checking in than they expected as we had a decent wait before we got sorted.

A one course meal for 2 and bottle of house wine cost us £75. The food was well presented but to be honest was little more than a generous child's portion. Service was slow and you had the sense that others in the room were getting frustrated with it.

I actually stayed at Crowne Plaza. I'd previously been warned about the coldness of Heythrop Resort and rooms with various bits not working. My room was nicely laid out standard size, decent and clean, the breakfast was fine.

The grand Hall of the Resort is simply stunning. On the 2nd night, our conference had an evening function, there were 200+ people in the room and 4 bar staff. The wait to be served a drink was ridiculous.

Food from the resort was frankly poor, given the status of the resort and the fact the room is full of Directors and Senior Management. Perhaps this was down to the number of people they were trying to cater to? The chap sat next me me took one bite of his chicken, pulled a potato apart and left and did not return!

They have the most beautiful golf course. On the day I played, it was in an atrocious state. The greens had been worked on and their water pumps had failed.

I was also attending a separate golf event a few days later which had to be cancelled (they hadn't bothered to tell us about their problems) and the general blase attitude to this seems to be reflected across many of the staff who work there.

One of the group had also booked a hotel for the day which I was assured would not be charged. It was and it took significant effort before a refund was granted.

Reading other reviews, this attitude is endemic so if all the want to do to stay as Room Only or B&B you may be o.k. However, my tip is to stay at the Fox Pub in Chipping Norton which is half the price has a better breakfast and much nicer ambience. Instead, pop in here for a coffee if you want to see it.

The bottom line? Don't go here until you see a change in the reviews that are being put on here. You'll face 5* prices, 2* service and 1* value.

Room Tip: Book Crowne Plaza, not Resort Hotel
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am sorry to see that you were left feeling unsatisfied with your stay with us during a conference you were attending.We take on all comments and feedback, we will use these to improve the service we provide and to ensure all guests have the best stay possible.

If you wish to discuss your feedback in further detail, please contact me on JMakai@heythroppark.co.uk

Reviewed January 27, 2018

A really badly sign posted place once on the estate, made more confusing by being Crown Plaza &/or Heythrop. We stayed in Heythrop for a late company Christmas do. No signs for reception, staff laughed it off. Pre ordered all meals, choice of salmon, beef or vegetarian .....how the heck they then came up with lamb instead of beef on the night we don't know & no, 2 bottles of wine is not compensation. Room badly lit, nowhere to hang wet towels. Needed to leave 7am next day so knew would have to order room service breakfast (£5 tray charge!). Reception said fill in card in room and they would also ring through and let restaurant know. No card in room, sent for one and filled it in. Breakfast did not arrive, card never collected, chef knew nothing about it when called. Left hungry. Really, really need to enthuse staff, whole place has a 'whatever' attitude. Staff did not engage at all.

Room Tip: Rooms average
Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
HPGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am sorry to see that you experienced some issues during your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me on JMakai@heythroppark.co.uk to discuss this further.

Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

Not a great start. We had booked an executive king room and got something in the basement. Literally. Second room offered was in new bit with a child bed in it next to the conference facilities. 3rd room was better but shabby with peeling paper. Breakfast vouchers gives it a travelodge vibe. Indifferent staff. Breakfast felt like a zoo on the weekend. Nice collection of flies in the light fitting. Soulless place. Best thing about it is the local pub to which we escaped each evening.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
HPGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Heythrop Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the to leave us your comments.

I am sorry to see that you were not blown away with your experience at our hotel. If you wish to discuss your comments any further, please do not hesitate to contact me on JMakai@heythroppark.co.uk