All reviews main building molton brown toiletries the river buffet style decent coffee set in beautiful grounds modern rooms entrance hall star quality very attentive staff rewind festival free wifi kippers bar snacks building work nice bathroom lovely location
Reviewed August 16, 2016

I stayed overnight as I was there for a friend's party. The lady that was on reception when I arrived (early) was very friendly and helpful and smiled a lot, which was very nice. The setting is beautiful, a white Georgian building on the banks on the Thames river just outside Henley with rabbits spotted in different places (mostly around Thames House accommodation). All the staff throughout the day were helpful and attentive (especially during the barbecue outside and at breakfast in the morning). My only criticism would be the bar as there was only one gentleman serving when I went and he was struggling with the demand but it was not his fault that he was on his own when there was a party booked. I stayed in Paddock House in a single room. This is not in the main building so it does not have the Georgian charm. It was fairly basic (large single bed, desk, small shower room, very small TV) but it was clean and comfy and had tea/coffee making facilities, Molton Brown toiletries and fruit baskets in the entrance hall. It was perfectly acceptable for an overnight stay but if you wanted something a bit better, then the double rooms in Thames House looked nicer. Breakfast in the morning was buffet style but there was plenty of choice and it was all piping hot and really well cooked. It was nice to be able to have a walk along the river to work off some of the breakfast

Room Tip: Paddock House for single rooms and Thames House for doubles.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Dereck_Stclair, General Manager at Henley Business School, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 14, 2016

Unlike the review from Tel Aviv my experience of the reception staff, indeed of all the staff, was that they were uniformly most helpful and friendly. I only stayed one night. The location is truly magnificent with a huge lawned frontage to the River Thames interspersed with some lovely trees. I had intended to eat in the magnificent dining room with its glorious views but it was a set price for a starter, main and dessert and, having had a large lunch, it was more than I felt like eating. But it was an enjoyable experience - as I walked in I was offered a glass of fizz by a Chinese banker who was on a summer course there with many of his colleagues. He'd just won the virtual stock market trading game. Later talked to another delightful individual who was competing that weekend in a croquet tournament. I accept that the rooms are small but perfectly sufficient and only £60 bed and breakfast. My WiFi reception was perfect in the bar and in the bedroom. I would love to go back and take my wife there as I thought it was idyllic. It is also worth noting that they are going through a major upgrade programme to bring all their bedrooms up to 4 star standard.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Dereck_Stclair, General Manager at Henley Business School, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2016

Thank you for communicating your wonderful experience at Greenland's, we hope that you will indeed return with your wife and share with her our fantastic scenery and great hospitality.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

stayed one night,.......i was fab accommodation thought that it would be basic but wow
the main house is a wonderful ....the grounds are on Thames and you even see wildlife wondering about,....just could say enough good things about this place...do not overlook this accommodation wonderful

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2016

The place is a magically beautiful, very quite, view is incredible on the thames, rabbits around, indeed relaxing.
The rooms are VERY small, bed had very low quality, and not very comfortable.
WiFi reception (as well as cellular, but that's not the hotel problem) was almost impossible.
Breakfast was quite very good, fresh and rich.
The staff people in the dinning room were very nice, but the receptionist that received us was not very helpful, not even smiling, which was surprising as a first impression.
All others were very nice and willing to server.

Stayed: August 2016
Dereck_Stclair, General Manager at Henley Business School, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2016

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Apologies if you had difficulty with the WiFi we are currently working on the WiFi coverage within the complex and the few areas that have low coverage should be remedied soon.
We pride ourselves on our customer service and will be reminding the Reception team of the importance of the 1st impression.

Reviewed July 20, 2016

As this property s part of The University of Reading, I was expecting a Campus type feel about it, expecting it to be pretty basic. WOW when I stayed there I was very pleasantly surprised.
I found peace and tranquility in beautifully landscaped gardens. The Main house is a delight with an excellent bar and dining room. The service is as good as anywhere I have stayed.
The staff were polite, friendly and very helpful beyond any expectation.
The room was well furnished with everything you would find in a 5 star hotel, except.....air con. The fan in our room did not work (On the hottest weekend of the year).
Breakfast was excellent, well cooked, well presented with a very wide choice.
All in all, one of the best places I have stayed in this area. Will certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Dereck_Stclair, Front Office Manager at Henley Business School, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2016

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.