other travellers have booked this property
Living area Living area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Dining area
Kitchen
Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

cazben
Stoke on Trent
“Oxford 14 (19) Not 56”
Reviewed June 11, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I booked this apartment Oxford 56 on 18th April and paid the deposit, I received a reply saying the calendar had been updated to confirm my booking on the same day.
I emailed John later the same day asking about parking and outside space, time of check in and out, general queries.
John did not reply until 20th April only after I sent him a further email that day asking him to reply as I was liaising with friends who were also coming on the weekend away.
John thought he'd responded and promised to the following day when back in the office.
On The 21st John then emailed offering an upgrade to Oxford 14 for the same price, saying this apartment had an outside seating area and car parking etc.but was in an area called Jericho.
The same day I emailed him back to say I would look at it and decide if I wanted to accept the upgrade or stay with my original booking.
I emailed him later that same day to confirm we wanted to stay with our original booking but thanks for the offer.
John replied on the 24th April to say his overzealous assistant had now taken a booking for Oxford 56 and he could now only offer meOxford 14.
So my review is for Oxford 14 actually No 19
Nice apartment, decking outside needed a jet wash and tidy up, table was broken,
Beds and bathrooms clean and nice bedding but mattresses needed replacing, I went home with a bad back and our friends also said their mattress was very worn and uncomfortable.
The apartment was in a quiet location, good car park, plenty of local places to eat and drink,
We were able to walk down the canal to town 15-20 minute stroll, which was nice.
John has numerous apartments he rents out, I had read a review that he had offered an upgrade to others, so may be a means of filling other apartments!
All in all we had a great weekend.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing