All reviewsiffley roadbus stopcity centrefree wifishower gelthoroughly enjoyed our stayyogurtvisiting oxfordhosts
Reviewed March 12, 2017

Very clean, lovely owners, good continental breakfast, great location for transport, offsite parking, quiet....all in all, great value for money. And a lovely dog called Annie. I'll be back! What else to say?

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2016

My husband and I were at the Acorn for a couple days at and would have happily stayed longer! Our room (one of the en suite rooms) was bigger than I expected, tidy, and comfortable. Breakfast was lovely and Kate was a wonderful hostess--she showed us a map of town and suggested a nice walk, and made herself available if we had any special requests.

The location worked well--as others have mentioned there's a bus stop very close by and we found it easy to get downtown and back. A few good restaurants/cafes within easy walking distance as well.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

Owners are very friendly and helpful. They also have a friendly dog!
Rooms are tidy and clean. But simple. Quiet and nice area. Bus stop right outside.
Breakfast is nice. They do English breakfasts. Yay! Stayed here twice and will definitely stay here again if I go back to Oxford.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2016

What a lovely, wonderfully situated, well run property. Terrific value. Just had brief contact with Kate; was helpful, pleasant. Really a nice experience. Walked into the center of town both mornings, though if need be I could have hoped on the bus (stop just a few feet away from the Acorn).

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jean H
Reviewed July 18, 2016

I returned to the Acorn Guest House for a second time after about four years and am happy to say it is as I remember it. We had a comfortable room on the first floor at the back of the house overlooking the garden. It was not big but was clean and quiet and everything worked. There was plenty of hot water in the shower and the bed was comfortable. We had a parking spot every day on the parking area (formerly the front garden), and the house is just a 15 minute walk from the centre of Oxford. Breakfast was simple with a basic continental buffet and tasty cooked full English on request.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple