All reviewscity centrelip balmexecutive roombanbury roadthe ground floorgood sizequiet areathe hotel is cleanhotel is situatedbed was comfortablebuffet breakfastbus servicethe busfull englishvery pleasant staybiscuitsstayed here for one night
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay at this lovely hotel. My wife and I stayed in a double room and our two daughters in a twin room. Both rooms were very modern, attractive and well furnished. The ironing board and electric fan were much appreciated. The staff on the reception were very friendly and helpful and the choice of food for breakfast was good.
The hotel is conveniently located in a lovely residential area which good car parking. 10 minute walk away from Summertown and 15 minute walk to Jericho and the city centre although you can get the regular bus services if you prefer.
We were very impressed and will use the hotel again on our next visit to Oxford.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Keith W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were impressed with the hotel.

As you point out we are situated in a delightful quiet area away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre with free car parking which is very rare in Oxford.

We all hope to see you again soon

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

While this hotel is situated outside the city, you can easily reach via a 15 to 20 minutes walk. I love the location. Along the way, there are some good restaurants- cheaper as compared to those in the city.

The rooms were clean with a modern touch. While it does not have Air Cond, it does not bother us. Just open the window. It is a quiet neighbourhood.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Keith W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the new bedrooms and our location.

As you highlight as we are in such a very quiet location we can offer natural fresh air as opposed to the unhealthy reconditioned type.

We hope that you visit us again soon

Reviewed June 18, 2018

We chose this hotel because of it's location outside the centre of Oxford. Our room was at the back facing the garden which was nice because it was quiet there.
However there was no AC present which made the room warm and stuffy even though the temperature outside was a nice 21o C. Opening the windows didn't help much because of the heavy drapes. The bedcovers and pillows seemed synthetic which made things worse. There as a fan in the room but when turned on it blew so hard that it was too cold to endure.
A small fridge wasn't available so bottled water we had brought became warm.
The room itself was very small and the bathroom was even so small two people couldn't be in it at the same time. The WC was placed facing the shower wall so a tall person would have a really hard time sitting down.
Staff overall was friendly except for a very snappy (intern?) girl at the front desk who bluntly refused to give me a bathrobe when I requested one stating those were only available for guests staying in the Executive rooms.
Only after I showed her the hotel's brochure in which it said clearly that robes were available upon request at the front desk and after intervention of her superior who immediately appologized for the girls mistake I received a robe. I understand that people have to learn and need training on the job, but it was the way that she bluntly said ''no'' in that very snappy way that made me think that maybe this isn't the right line of work for her.
It would have been much better if she had said she wasn't sure and would inquire, but instead she talked down to me in a haughtily way assuming I wasn't an ''Executive'' guest as she didn't know what room I was staying in until she asked me my room number áfter she had already refused me the robe.
The other members of the front desk have been helpfull, both experienced as training staff.
We had dinner in the hotel the first night which was awfull. My fish was crunchy, not because of a crust but because of the salt that was ''sprinkled'' over it.
The only thing good about this hotel is the nice quiet neighbourhood it's in and the fact that it has free parking for guests and easy bus connections to the city centre.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the garden
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us and found the hotel to be in a quiet neighbourhood and were able to make use of the free car parking, which is very rare in Oxford.

Whilst we do not advertise as having air conditioning, or fridges, in the bedrooms for the short time that this would be useful, we do as you point out have variable speed fans in all of rooms, as well as windows that open. All of our linen is however Egyptian cotton.

I apologise for the dinner that you mention, but I do hope that you brought this to our attention at the time and we would have happily exchanged this for you. I will of course speak with the front team regarding the issues that you highlight on service, but would add that this was the trainees first week at work and as with us all we do learn from mistakes we make during this training process. We did as you point out apologise for this at the time.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Oxford for three days and two nights. Hotel was super easy to get to from the bus. Just a couple blocks from the stop.

Check-in was super fast and everyone so pleasant. Room was always clean. Fans worked well to help cool down. We did have the window open while we were in the room.

Looked like our room was recently remodeled and was very pleasant. Nights were nice and it was extremely quiet. I thought we were the only ones here as I usually here background noise at a hotel, but none here.

Breakfast was great....and we were t the only ones here as there were plenty having their meal. Everything was at effect temperature and the staff kept things full.

All in all, I would definitely come back here if we ever come back to Oxford.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room to be clean, cool and quiet.

I'm also glad that you found the breakfast to be great and that the hotel was very easy to find.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back should you return to Oxford.

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

Just stayed at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel.
Hotel is just off the Banbury rd and was easy to find as I walked from the city centre
About 20 mins .
Check in was easy and was in the room with in a few minutes (first floor).
The room was big clean with with all the usual things you expect but I was surprised to find a iron and full size ironing board in the wardrobe.
Had a full size walk in shower clean and no sign of mould around the shower .
The only thing I found was that the toilet was close to the shower screen and a bit of a squeeze .
Breakfast was in the restaurant and self service full English and continental was offered as well as vegetarian.
Would I stay again or recommend yes I would .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Keith W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oxford Linton Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations.

We all hope to see you again soon