1,312 results
All reviews quod restaurant high street car park radcliffe camera modern art university church magpie perfect location lovely hotel separate shower covered market bodleian library dreaming spires sister hotel boutique hotel reception staff fresh milk
Reviewed June 9, 2018

I was overwhelmed by the quality of The Old Bank Hotel. With 44 rooms, it is easy to feel like the staff is family or that you are at Grandma's house. My room was very comfortable and clean. Amenities in the room helped me to get the day started and I loved the complimentary cookies. One day I asked for more and they were delivered to my room within minutes. The location is central to most sites in Oxford and only a short walk to food and shopping.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Toby A, Front Office Manager at Old Bank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you found us to be so welcoming and the room so comfortable. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am pleased you managed to enjoy so much of Oxford during your time with us.

I do hope you will consider us, if and when returning to Oxford?

Kind regards, Toby

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

Yes, not an everyday treat because it’s not cheap - but its location can’t be bettered and the reception staff are exceptionally charming and helpful. The bedrooms and bathrooms are extremely comfortable and well equipped, with those thoughtful details like fresh milk in the fridge. I love there being a bathtub too, rather than just the shower many hotels have now. If I’m being really picky then I would personally prefer a towelling robe to a linen one, but I bet if I’d mentioned that to the staff they would have addressed it straight away! All together one of my favourite hotels.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Toby A, Front Office Manager at Old Bank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review; it was a pleasure to read and I have shared your kind words with my colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed May 31, 2018

We had two rooms at the Old Bank to celebrate my mother's special birthday and to visit our son at university. The staff gave my mum champagne as a birthday gift, which was nice of them. This small hotel has a fantastic location right in the city centre, near to everything, with parking if needed. We found all the staff in the hotel, and the attached Quod restaurant, very friendly. They listened carefully and always found a good answer to any question or problem, and very quickly and proactively too. The beds are really comfortable. The rooms are modern and well appointed, with lots of sockets and good mod cons, such as a good quality digital radio. The food is of a consistently high standard. For breakfast, it's nice to have quick table service, not a buffet. There's a good quiet library at the back, to sit quietly. All very good. The only thing is that the hotel is definitely on the expensive side. We'd like to go back, and will consider that. Price would be the deterrent.

Date of stay: May 2018

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to have contributed to your family celebration and offered such attentive service.

Our handmade Epoc beds do draw many favourable comments and I am pleased to hear our refurbished bedrooms are 'fit for purpose'!

We do offer seasonal breaks at discounted rates and will happily provide information on request. We do hope you will have the opportunity to return to the Old Bank?

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Before I get deeper into the review let me say that this is a nice property that is right in the center of the city with it’s own restaurant. There are only a few hotels like this in the center. Hence low supply high prices. When we booked this we were aware of the price but did not know it was graduation and a 3 day weekend.
To compare we stayed in London at a 4.5 star hotel with a pool and gym with breakfast for 40% less. We got none of those things here. For over $400.00 US we did not even get a room thermostat just high and low for the A/C. The room was nicely redone as was the bath. The shower was so narrow it was difficult to get in and out. It was nice and the location was great but for the price I expected far better. So as long as you do not mind paying for location this is a fine place to stay. We enjoyed our time in Oxford, Blenheim palace and the Cotswolds but will not return here.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Toby A, Front Office Manager at Old Bank Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review the Old Bank Hotel. I am sorry you did not feel you received value for money for your stay. Oxford is one of the UK's top destinations, all year round. Prices are affected by seasonality and demand and we do offer an unrivalled location for exploring this beautiful and historic city. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the city and its surrounding area.

Kind regards, Toby

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Starting many months before I arrived at the hotel, their hospitality was superb. The hotel staff helped me to set up several tours and reservations throughout our stay, and were extraordinarily patient and helpful with my many questions. My husband and I arrived early in the morning on our fifteenth anniversary, and they make sure our arrival was comfortable. They arranged flowers, snacks, and champagne in our room, and even served us tea while we waited in the library for our room. They truly made us feel special, and I am so grateful for their attention. We would stay there again with pleasure!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review, Christine. It was our pleasure to welcome you and make your celebratory stay so special.

I do hope you won't leave it too long, to return to Oxford and the Old Bank?