3,648 results
All reviews morse bar ashmolean museum molton brown toiletries concierge team drawing room inspector morse turn down service nespresso machine executive room beautiful building breakfast service central location car parking cooked breakfast old building lovely room visit oxford
Reviewed October 19, 2016

Centrally located, friendly staff, the most comfortable beds we've ever slept on. Unfortunately marred by a very mediocre menu, exorbitant prices in the bar and very,very little in the way of cupboard space in the rooms.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Manager_Randolph, General Manager at Macdonald Randolph Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2016

Thank you for posting a review and I was sorry to learn of your disappointment with the food and bar prices. We have recently launched an all day dining menu to allow greater flexibility to our guests, whether they wish to have a light meal of a 3 course menu. The offering is competitive and we have received lots of praise for the content of the menu. Our Cartoon and Morse Bar do offer a wide choice of drinks and cocktails and I will be reviewing our current prices.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff and indeed bedroom. I do hope we may have the pleasure of being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed October 19, 2016

Since the renovations the rooms and dining hall at Randolph Hotel are very niche. However the quality and presentation of the dinner in the evening were sub- standard- in comparison to visits in previous years. Breakfast was slso mediocre and particularly the presentation lacked class.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was pleased to note that you liked our renovation work on all our bedrooms and indeed new restaurant. I am sorry however that you found the food presentation to be lacking.

We have introduced a new all day dining menu at the hotel which has proved popular with our guests and regular patrons. I will be discussing your feedback with the team. We strive to offer the highest levels of cuisine and I am sorry you were disappointed on this occasion.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of being of service to you again in the future when your travel plans bring you back to the city of Oxford.

Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

Best aspect of this hotel is it's location right in the heart of the historic/university part of the city. It is minutes from the places you will want to see. The building itself is ore than 150 years old so some of the floors are creaky, but the rooms are modern, clean and nicely decorated. Staff are helpful. The restaurant is excellent, though not inexpensive (though comparable to other good quality spots in the area). The breakfast is good but full breakfast is very expensive, and not really worth the money. Bathrooms are a delight. There are a few negatives. The classic double we stayed in was cramped (too much furniture) and with only room to open one suitcase. The other negative is that there is no real air conditioning. There is a control panel but it heats in winter and autumn and cools summer and spring. It is fine if the place is freezing but in milder weather our room overheated. Only solution is switch off the control and open the window. There is some external air con noise at night but this was not too disruptive. Probably a hazard of most inner city locations. In all, a very nice but not inexpensive pace to stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have heating and cooling available in our bedrooms. The system is switched to winter mode or summer mode and I am sorry your room was too hot during your stay.

Our classic bedrooms are all refurbished and offered with every confidence to our guests. I appreciate some the rooms are not spacious. We do offer executive rooms and this may have been a better option for you. The hotel is celebrating its 150th anniversary this year and rooms in the main body of the hotel do vary in shape and size.

We strive to offer value for money in our restaurant. I will be discussing all you comments at our weekly team meeting and thank you once again for posting a review. I do hope we can be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

We had a great one night stay at the Randolph. The hotel was very relaxed and accommodating. The bed was very comfortable and the room an excellent size.

The reason for the four rating is that we had a few issues with service. For example, at breakfast we waited 20 mins for the waitress to take our order, whilst tables who arrived after us were attended to. Additionally we were awoken at 4am with loud traffic noise.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for you posting a review. I was pleased you found the hotel comfortable and you enjoyed your stay.

I am sorry there was delay at breakfast service and guests were not served in order of arrival. I will be discussing your comments at our weekly team meeting. We strive offer an efficient breakfast experience and I am sorry we have not lived up to this ideal.

The hotel is centrally located in the heart of the city of Oxford. Traffic noise at 4.00am is extremely rare.

I do hope we can be of service to you in the future and thank you once again.

Reviewed October 18, 2016

My wife and I came her for a drink in the Morse bar during a weekend trip to Oxford with friends.
The surroundings were lovely and the bar staff were very attentive and friendly. There is a good selection of cocktails.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind comments following your visit to The Morse Bar. We have an extensive cocktail menu and the bar is a great place to unwind after a day of sightseeing in the city.

We have also our new Cartoon Bar with a large selection of gin and champagne. Our Lounge also serves our famous afternoon tea.

I do hope we can welcome you back when your travel plans bring you back to the city of Oxford.