3,622 results
All reviews morse bar ashmolean museum molton brown toiletries concierge team drawing room inspector morse turn down service executive room beautiful building breakfast service central location car parking cooked breakfast old building lovely room visit oxford doorman
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here to celebrate my 30th birthday and it couldn’t have been better. Despite it being a busy hotel, from the moment we walked in we were met by friendly and helpful staff. The Guest Relations Manager, Operations Manager and fantastic team of concierge were always on hand if we needed anything, nothing was too much trouble. The bar team were always very attentive and kept us topped up with nibbles whilst we enjoyed the lovely cocktails. Ate in the restaurant one evening and the food was great and the restaurant manager recommended wines to go alongside our dishes, which made it even better! The hotel is spotless and our room was immaculate, couldn’t have wished for a better way to celebrate! Definitely will be back!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Manager_Randolph, Guest Relations Manager at Macdonald Randolph Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear LTsumrob,

Thank you so very much for posting such a lovely five star review, we all try so hard to get it right for our guests and it's really wonderful to know when we have achieved this. The team and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed your 30th birthday stay so much. We are all looking forward to warmly welcoming you back to the Randolph soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed October 6, 2018

A lovely afternoon tea with pleasant surroundings, friendly staff who let you alone to enjoy the experience. Good choice of sandwiches and cakes, and scones always enjoyable. Being an Inspector Morse/Lewis/Endeavour fan, I love seeing the wall with signed photographs. However, there was a long wait being shown to our seats. And was disappointed on a wet, rainy day nobody offered to take our wet coats or umbrellas. Even saw a gentleman wearing his wet coat having his tea. Expected better than this but overall enjoyed the afternoon tea.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandracharles2016

Dear sandracharles2016,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to us to enjoy Afternoon Tea. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the surrounding and staff members. I am equally disappointed to hear that you had a long wait time to be show to your table and that nobody offered to take your coats. I have spoken with our front of house teams regarding this.

I do hope you will be able to come back and enjoy another delicious scone with us again soon.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

We enjoyed our stay in this old hotel. The room was fine and the attentive staff were really delightful. The Morse bar was another story, dull, dreary and draughty with a miserable barman who made a lousy cocktail. It is very over priced. The food in the restaurant was fine.

Room Tip: we stayed in a room at the back of the hotel and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pauline r
Manager_Randolph, Guest Relations Manager at Macdonald Randolph Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Dear Pauline,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with the staff. I am equally disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to the Morse Bar. We have received some very positive feedback regarding our newly refurbished Morse Bar, as well as the cocktails the team create.

I do hop this will not stop you from returning to the Randolph.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Wow! Where do I start? Upon booking the room I made a note that it was my birthday, I was greeted by a happy birthday from reception and I had a lovely birthday card in my room written by Amy the Guest Relations Manager-with some lovely sweet treats. This personalised touch was brilliant and she even called after we had settled in to see if she could assist us in any way, fab!
Our room was very clean, with the most wonderfully comfortable beds too-I slept like a baby, we both did (I want these mattresses at home now!)
Breakfast was wonderful and every staff member we came across was so helpful, polite and nothing was too much trouble. Concierge were fantastic and pointed us in the direction of some wonderful bars.
When we checked out, the General Manager Simon introduced himself to us to ask about our stay-I found this fantastic and he really wanted to hear our feedback, it makes a difference to know your feedback really counts.
All in all an incredible, luxury stay and I can’t wait to go back. Thanks so much, Louise

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Manager_Randolph, Guest Relations Manager at Macdonald Randolph Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Dear Louise,

Thank you for your wonderful 5* review of your recent stay with us at the Randolph. On behalf of Simon, myself and the team we are delighted we could do everything we could to ensure you had a wonderful birthday celebration.

Please do come back and see us again soon for another night in our ever so comfy beds!

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at the Randolph five times while our son has been at university there. It is our favorite hotel in Oxford and we would not consider staying anywhere. It has old world charm, courteous and helpful staff and a brilliant bar.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Janethebrit,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Randolph. The team and I are delighted to hear the Randolph is your favourite hotel in Oxford. We do hope your son has enjoyed studying in our beautiful city and you will be able to come back and visit us soon.