3,643 results
All reviews morse bar ashmolean museum molton brown toiletries concierge team drawing room inspector morse turn down service nespresso machine executive room beautiful building breakfast service central location car parking cooked breakfast old building lovely room visit oxford
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Delighted to be treated to first class service over the weekend by impeccable professional staff. I couldn't have asked for anything more for myself or family. Our suite was large and comfortable, ideal for a family of three.

Room tip: Its a big old Victorian building - bags of character - aim for the 1st floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Codders73
Manager_Randolph, Guest Relations Manager at Macdonald Randolph Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Codders73,

Thank you for your wonderful 5* review of your recent stay with us at the Randolph. The team and I are delighted to hear the three of you enjoyed you stay with us.

I look forward to warmly welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My last visit was many decades ago when I stayed in the Hotel and spent time in the bar during Oxford May Balls in the 1960's. I so loved the bar. Many moons on , the bar is still superb and I so enjoyed my grey goose vodka on ice, but goodness, Morse would turn in his grave. When we arrived a woman had hogged the best seat in the bar ( in front of the fire ). She had long finished her coffee and was on her lap top and mobile phone.. Lord knows how long she sat there using the bar as an office. This is so at variance with the atmosphere and such a turn off. Why does Management put up with it?

4  Thank Kate C

Dear Kate C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to our Morse Bar. I am delighted to hear after many years you were able to return and enjoy a vodka on ice. We have been trying to manage guest's using the Morse Bar for extended periods of time whilst not enjoying a drink, unfortunately this has created some difficulties. We are committed to creating a warm and welcoming environment for all our guests. I am sorry that on this occasion it had a detrimental impact on your visit.

I do hope to warmly welcoming you back in the future for another expertly made drink.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wanted to stay here mainly because I was a big “Inspector Morse” fan and when my husband wanted to visit Blenheim Palace I thought we could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. The check in was 3:30pm which is quite late and we arrived at 3pm and we told that our room was not ready which was fair enough. We went for a walk around town for which this hotel is excellently placed, but when we got back at 3:45pm we were told that we’d have to wait for another 10 minutes. By this time I was fed up and said that I couldn’t believe that it took that long to check if the room was ready when they knew that we had already arrived and were waiting for it! They did give us a free drink in the bar but all I wanted to do was collapse for a bit in our room! When we eventually got to our room, it was lovely and spacious but with a fairly poor view. The breakfast wasn’t brilliant and we had to wait over 5 minutes on our first morning to get a table, and the staff didn’t even look at us to acknowledge that we were waiting. Needless to say we didn’t have any dinners in the restaurant.

Room tip: We booked a Feature King which was spacious but was a long walk on the third floor and the lift was tiny.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lavinia H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Randolph. I am so sincerely sorry to hear that your room was not ready for our check in time of 3:30pm. I am glad the team at the hotel were able to offer you a drink on us while you waited for the room. I am delighted to hear you found the room to be lovely and spacious. I am sorry we let you down with our breakfast service. Please know that this is something we are addressing at the hotel and has been discussed and actioned by members of the senior management team.

The hotel is situated perfectly to enjoy the hidden gems the beautiful city of Oxford has to offer. I do hope you will return in the near future

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel lives off its location. I got given a room which when I got to it had no bath (in my view a 5 star hotel should have a bath) so had to move as I need to have a bath for my back. They kept me waiting for 30 minutes and I got given a cheaper room ....no problem as I did ask for it but it is still £270 a night and the a/c does not work, it is the smallest room ever. Turndown was literally a turn down of the duvet... turndown is bizarre but do it properly if you are going to. Sorry but it would not be 5 star out of a city .....not impressed.

1  Thank richard391
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for one night as we were going to a show, it was expensive for what it was!! The room was ok, quite dated and basic for a five star hotel. Breakfast was a disaster!!we left the restaurant after an hour, not having had the Full English breakfast we had ordered!! Poor service being the only reason, not acceptable in a 5 star hotel or any star hotel. If you want a quintessentially English hotel in Oxford with a premium price tag this is for you, if you want a good quality hotel with excellent service choose one of the many others that are in Oxford, which will give you better value for money, we know we have stayed at them. I can assure you we will definitely be doing that next time!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Suzy134,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Randolph. I am so sincerlly sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the team and we are working very hard to rectify the points raised. We hope to be able to welcoming you back in the future and show you the improvements that have been made.

Warm Regards,