1,236 results
All reviews high street car park privilege room examination schools merton college marco pierre white old building central location third floor excellent location per day eggs benedict no lift breakfast was excellent comfortable hotel two night stay centre of town
Reviewed October 7, 2016

Stayed just one eve from London for meetings. Easy to locate about 15 minutes walk from the station between London and on towards Worcester, from London Paddington.
I entered to find several staff with Tablets, working all from there with my room ready, and upgraded also.
It is always better to book on Accor.com, with a 5-10% discount, and you earn points with the Accor Club, and often get meal or bonus promotions.
Building has much character, with a very swish restaurant area, breakfast room, and bar all running off each other. Nice atmosphere friendly, clean, character filled building and set between several Educational establishments so beautiful views from some rooms at the back.
Breakfast was an excellent choice, included in my rate, and a vegetarian option which was hot fresh and excellent quality. I ate in the bar with my welcome drink, and a good base choice at dinner time, with a more expansive restaurant menu. Clearly some people ate there who were not staying at the hotel.

Opposite the main bus links, and on The High street areas so easy and in the centre of Oxford, so to get or be anywhere in town was very easy.
Rooms were a good size, lovely views, and a deluxe room added a free minibar and good facilities hot drinks etc.
A great friendly choice whether sole or with others, a really central and high quality accomodation for Oxford.
the Accor Group always offer a good set standard Worldwide, and this was excellent for the Mercure Brand.

Room tip: Deluxe / Privilege rooms with nice views, and take a rate including breakfast.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ManagerOxford, Rooms Division Manager at Mercure Eastgate Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2016

Dear MarcusGB9

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave such a great review.

We are very proud of our hotel, its location and the history surrounding us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

This feedback will serve as a great moral boost for the whole team.

Thank you again and we wish to welcome you back at The Eastgate Hotel in the near future.

Best wishes

Justin Young

Reviewed October 3, 2016

We have stayed here a number of times before as we like the location at that end of town. Not noisy and away from the tourist run. This time we chose a Privilege Room and, though it was quiet with a nice view of the colleges, as requested, the room, though well appointed, was much too small for 2 people, especially at a cost of £299 per night including breakfast (not very special though the staff were good). We also had to walk up 2 1/2 floors to get to our room as there was no lift in our section. Be warned that Oxford is now so on the tourist map that hotels feel they can charge more than they should. I could get a better rate at a good hotel in London for what they charged me.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Howard L
ManagerOxford, General Manager at Mercure Eastgate Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2016

Thank you for your kind review, I am pleased that you like the newly renovated rooms and hotel and that the team looked after you.

I do apologise that a couple of our bedrooms are not so large in space, I am afraid due to our location in the city centre, the restriuction placed on the hotel mainly down to the age and structure, we have were possible enhanced the bedrooms and created space, but we are limited in a couple of places, sorry.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

Everything within easy walking distance. Speedy checkin to our small cosy room with ensuite bathroom (wouldn't want to be a giant in here) plenty of information on things to do in and around Oxford. Didn't try the restaurant unfortunately

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review, greatly appreciated by the team and a huge morale boost.

Oxford is full of history and with our recently renovated hotel, it is a joy to welcome our guests for their stay. We are ideally located in the centre, near all the universities and the shops, a place to relax and see.

We do hope you will visit us in the not too distant future, please do check our website for all our special offers.

Reviewed October 1, 2016

We stayed one night on a business trip. The location proved very convenient for us and the standard of service from the staff was excellent at all times. Everyone was willing to work at making our stay as enjoyable as possible. We would certainly stay there again

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

TYhank you very much for your kind review, I was pleased to note that the team had looked after you and your appreciation is such a grteat morale boost to them all.

Oxford is a beautiful city, full of history and students, we are so lucky to be located in the middle of it all.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future, please do look on our hotel website for our special offers.

Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

I have spent a couple of days in this hotel that is located est of Oxford. The room are small but nicely decorated. The biggest disappointment is the quality of the bed, far from what to expect from 4 star hotel. The mattress is hard and some metal strings are hurting your back. At 200 pounds per night this is a major issue. Otherwise, the shower is great and the complementary bottle of water highly appreciated. Finally, the continental breakfast is good and at 8 pounds, quite a fair price for England. Bottom line, a mixed experience in a hotel perfectly located if you need to be close to New College.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review, I was pleased to note that the team looked after you and that you liked the bedrooms and the recently renovated decor.

As I mentioned in my previous correspondence I am very sorry for 0the quality of the bed, they were only purchased 18 months ago when we were in the middle of the refurbishment of the hotel, I have asked the supplier to visit the hotel and review the bedroom you were staying in, I do apologise.

We are ideally located in the centre of Oxford, and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming back in the future.

With kind regards