1,236 results
All reviews high street car park privilege room examination schools merton college marco pierre white old building central location third floor excellent location per day eggs benedict no lift breakfast was excellent comfortable hotel two night stay centre of town
Reviewed January 1, 2017

Myself, husband, son and girlfriend spent 3 days at the Eastgate over Christmas and we all wanted to say a massive thankyou to everyone for all of their hard work and excellent service. All of the staff were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them despite being very busy. Great location for a short break, we may well be back at some time in the future. Have recommended the hotel to a friend who has already booked one night there in the summer.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
ManagerOxford, General Manager at Mercure Eastgate Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2017

Dear Mrs Bolwell

Thank you very much for your kind, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel over the Christmas weekend.
It was a pleasure to meet you and your family, and the team have asked to be remember to you all.
I trust you had a safe journey back home and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Oxford and the hotel, we hope in the near future.
With best wishes and a Happy New Year

Peter

Peter Watt

Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

Top service. Many thanks Adam and your colleagues for making us so comfortable (particularly our little one!). Room was spacious, well equipped and clean. Terrific location. Good restaurant. We'll be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ftmpshk
ManagerOxford, Rooms Division Manager at Mercure Eastgate Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2017

Dear Dominic H

Thank you for you kind comments. Adam will be especially pleased along with the team whole.

It is great to learn you enjoyed the hotels dacilities as well as the local attractions.

I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I decided to spend a day in Oxford and found Mercure to be a fantastic location walking distance to key attractions and eateries. Hotel room is small as expected in the U.K. however very clean and neat. Perfect for a short stay.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Roueshka ,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave a review.

I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the local attractions.

I Do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the Mercure Eastgate in the near future.
Kindest regards

Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is ideally situated and is a nice place to stop for the night. Bed was comfortable my husband said it was the best night sleep he had in a hotel for a while so that says something. The staff were very pleasant and friendly. The downsides are the car park which you have to leave your key in case they need to move your car. The rooms are quite small and the bathroom has no towel drying facilities, although we had a double shower the rest of the bathroom was very cramped. And because we didn't have anything to dry the towels on they were still damp in the morning from the night before
The late check out at 12 was ideal.
A lovely hotel despite these issues would recommend

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Jeni S

Thank you for your kind review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you and your husband had a relaxing nights sleep.
I am afraid although we have the added bonus of a car park in the centre of Oxford, we do require to keep the keys so we can ensure everyone has a parking space and those who wish to leave early can do without disturbing another guest.
The hotel is 100 years old and was originally 4 townhouse, which does restrict the size and space in a few bedrooms and bathrooms, sorry. The removal of the towel rail is to ensure that no one would scold themselves in the bathroom, the downside is a not a hot towel in the morning on occasions, very sorry.
We do hope you will visit the hotel agin, in the future
Kind regards

Peter Watt

Reviewed December 26, 2016

A belated "Merry Christmas" to you Adam and all the staff at the Mecure Eastgate. I just wanted to say a massive "thank you" for making mine, my mum, and my sister's stay at this lovely hotel on 3, 4, 5 December a very happy, and memorable one. You exceeded all our expectations and went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was as comfortable and relaxing as possible. We loved our suite and the restaurant with its delicious choice of meals, my mum especially liked the fish dish. With just a short walk to the centre of Oxford, we couldn't have wished for more. Thank you once again. All the very best for 2017!

Room tip: The Suite at the front of the hotel was very spacious and well presented.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ManagerOxford, Rooms Division Manager at Mercure Eastgate Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2016

Dear Mille4006

Thank you so much for your kind review.

I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your feedback with the team. I'm sure it will be a great moral boost for them.

Thank you again for taking the time to review, and we hope to welcome you back to the Mercure Eastgate Hotel Oxford in the very near future.

Kindest regards