US$154
US$216
US$204
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$84
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$171
US$449
US$309
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Diana's Bed & Breakfast(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$116
Premier Inn Oxford Hotel(Oxford)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
All reviewstrain stationpub crawlfree towelsluggage storagelonger staynice place to staylocation is greatcommon areascity centrepubsstudentslock
Reviewed June 28, 2016

This hostel looked dodgy on the way in and it didn't get a lot better. It's a typical budget hostel, a little run down and rather second rate. It wasn't particularly clean, and it smelled at bit. The showers were cubicle showers with nothing between the shower and where you were meant to keep your cloths and towel. Most of the toilets didn't flush properly and there weren't enough power points per room. You had to pay for lockers, and there wasn't enough for everyone so my laptop just had to live in my room for the first two nights. And the WiFi doesn't work 80% of the time.
The vibe of the place is good, the common area is great with a bar and pool table and lots of power points and couches where you can sit and watch TV. However this was the only up side to this place.
Also the fire alarm went off twice while I was there, both false alarms. According to one of the guys who lives there it happens quite regularly.

Room Tip: Don't rely on the wifi
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2016

This is a perfect place if you like hostels - because my trip was rather sudden, I didn't have time to properly arrange my booking. Because of low availability I changed the room every day, so I can give a proper feedback ;)
Smaller rooms are better - you can feel more at home, but even the big ones are well-arranged - you don't feel like sleeping with 10 other people at all.
The staff is extremely helpful, really, the made me enjoy my stay and helped me a lot with all my troubles (and there were lots of them...).

This hostel is really clean, common area is really cosy and free breakfast is a nice way to start your day :)

Room Tip: some rooms are louder, if you have troubles with sleeping ask the reception for more info
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2016

Something feels off with this hostel. Some proportion (felt like a big proportion) of the guests seem to be there for a longer stay. I got an unusual wibe from these people, not the regular hostel travellers I've met in the other 30 hostels or so I've been using around Europe for the last decade.

The staff attitude was not friendly. The Internet didn't work, I think becasuse there were too many using it. In the middle of the receptioin/living area was a pool table stacked with what appeared to be laundry to be folded. There were notes in different locations in this place that felt threatening "Abusing staff will not be tolerated" "Guests are sleeping so shut it up" "Silence I kill you" "If you steal you will be evicted".

I decided to stay for the first night but my friend didn't want to so he went elsewhere to sleep. At about 3 or 4 in the night two guys come in the room and one takes his bed (the hostel appears to have rented it out almost immediately to some locals even if my friend had not gotten a refund). They were quiet and considered but from seeing them and hearing their whispers they didn't seem to be travellers and they seemed to be having some local problems. In about 20min one of them whispers I'm going next door to take care of this and then they exchanged some language that clearly indicated they were in trouble. I dind't feel unsafe as such since these guys were considered but the hostel should make it clear if they are one part hostel another part something else. I am not sure what to label these people who stayed in this hostel but like I said something was off, it's not the regular hostel experience and at times it felt sketchy.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erik A
Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

Has everything you need. Great staff. Had so much fun there. Loved it!!!
Great location, kitchen is good they have enough utensils. Love the bar, cheap drink prices. Common room was nice and always had something good on tv. Decent free breakfast, on the weekends it's pancakes! ♥️

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2016

This hostel might not be the best hostel you'll ever stay in, but it's still good value for money. The staff was friendly and I felt welcomed there. The place was relatively clean, except maybe for the bathroom next to the common room, which seemed to be constantly dirty. The rooms were ok, the big dorm was split in two rooms and there was enough space, just not a whole lot of options to plug your stuff. There was free breakfast, which was just cereal, toasts, etc., but still nice. My main problem with the place is that it is (even according to the staff) very difficult to get the wifi working, and despite hours of trying, I have never been able to connect to it and ended up using some open wifi I could catch from the corridor and from my room. Despite this, I had a good stay overall and would recommend staying at this hostel if you are looking for a cheap stay close to the train station and to the city center.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo