All reviews train station free towels luggage storage longer stay nice place to stay common areas
Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

This backpackers is the perfect place to sleep, shower, socialise, repeat! And this is why: they offer a place for you to rest your head after a long day of adventuring around Oxford with linen provided. The rooms also have small lockers to put your things in (will need own lock), power outlets to recharge and they are cleaned every single day by the efficient housekeeping staff.
I love a nice long hot shower either to wake me up or calm me down after a long day of walking around and this hostel provided the goods! They also have a free towel service which any of the staff members are happy to get for you when you ask, even if they're not working :) The bathrooms are also cleaned daily, mostly during the time the hostel is at its emptiest (after check out time).
This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at as a solo traveller because the main place (only place) to hang out is the common room, that's unless you want to be a hermit and sit in your room for the whole of your stay. It has couch's facing a nice flatscreen tv (with Xbox), a bar with cheap prices, a pool table, free computers and a kitchen which the staff constantly check on (although just like every other hostel, it is a guests responsibility to clean up after themselves). Because all of this is in the same room, it's very hard to not make wonderful friends!
I understand that sometimes this place gets bad reviews and I would say that's because people these days are looking for a modernistic building, where everything is shiny and new which is something this hostel isn't. It is a little old and could do with a revamp. But it's clean, tidy and has so much love and soul within. I thought it provided so much comfort, so I wore my pj's to breakfast!
Also the location is absolutely perfect! The train station and coach station are extremely close which is awesome when your suitcase is as heavy as mine and all the tourist attractions, pubs, clubs, bars, shops, cafes are well within walking distance.
The people make this place great and I know each volunteering staff try their very best to make sure they give you the best service and that you enjoy your stay! I know I did!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2016 via mobile

Terrble place. Dont go there rest. Of story they know. I staying for two days and i had plan tp staying two more
I am a chef and i finish with work after. 1130 and when i went there receptions. Was closed my. sutcase been in side and i decade to stay overnight. With hope nexst morning to pay for two more days and. Night spend on they dirty place and. They kicked. Me out 4 o clock in morning.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Kostadinov G
Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

This place looked OK when we booked online however it was really rundown/shabby. The room itself was very crapped, had a funny smell and didn't feel that clean. This could have been because the linen was old and a bit worn but it didn't give off good vibes, I was super glad I had my sleeping bag liner and a spare pillow case. The shower pressure was good and was a great temperature. The staff were really helpful and it was a great location but if we came back to Oxford we definitely wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank HollyM2191
Reviewed October 4, 2016

When we arrived, our shared room was "clean and empty" but the feet smell was really disgusting. That night, the annoying fire alarm went off during more than 10 minutes and nobody did nothing. There are some clubs just by the door of the hostel, so you better go party, otherwise you will feel the rumble and hear drunk people from your confy bed. The toilets were a mess, sewage smell. In general the facilities were not taken care off at all. Inedible free breaksfast, the best way to start your day. you will have to pay a deposit for the locker, and another deposit to make sure you follow the rules (¡¡??). This place is just not good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank whitesnowowl9
Reviewed September 28, 2016

Worst hostel of my life. It was not only dirty, it was unhealthy. As they offer to work for free stay, the staff was incompetent and unkind. For a reclaim, and like the "assistent" aparently did not know how to use the computer, She was to looking for the manager and It appeared bleary-eyed and getting dressed while he talked to us, seems that everyone was asleep there and were the first day of everyone.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends