All reviews pub crawl train station free towels longer stay city centre pubs students suitcases lock
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

I cycled down from Daventry, so was very saddle sore by the time I arrived. The hostel's very close to the city centre, which was nice, and the staff are friendly. They offered a lock up for my bike which gave me peace of mind.

Bed was comfortable, and I would have got a decent night's sleep if it wasn't for the irritating "gap yar" students in my dorm coming in and breaching the peace in the early hours with their drunken wailing. Still, that's not a fault of the hostel, but a fault of British and Australian society I guess.

Free breakfast was everything you'd expect from a free hostel breakfast, decent amount of cereal and toast and jam on offer.

On the whole, a good experience, not the cheapest I've stayed in, but also far from the worst, and I would recommend if you're visiting the city.

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank Karl T
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Hi I stayed in room 6 female dorm,it's a nice clean hostel,but bring earplugs as there's a nightclub next door which kept me awake most off the night,I might aswell have just gone too it,the hostel can't do anything and it could just be that room

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed October 24, 2017

What a great place to stay.
The place is clean, comfortable and very well equipped. The staff are excellent and nothing is too much trouble for them. Good breakfast, clean rooms and bathrooms, all the facilities you need for a short or a longer stay and at great price in the center of Oxford. What more could you need.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2017

My experience in the hostel was fantastic. The location coudnt be better and price was very affordable comparing to oxford prices, so with the free breakfast I consider this a good value hostel. The highlight of my stay was the pub tour the hostel organised for free. They took us to historical pubs around the city. A good opportunity to break ice and get to know other guests. I met people from everywhere and ended up carrying on my trip with people I met there. Definitely go back if I have the chance.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

After reading other reviews I wasn't really looking forward to coming here to be honest but the Hostel I had wanted to stay at was full so I was kinda left with no choice. I arrived and was tended to by a really friendly man on Reception. So far so good... went down to my 8 man mixed dorm and you know, it was fine; I'm staying in a hostel not a 5 star hotel. I was given bed number 5, there wasn't a bed linen pack on my bed so I just took it off another bed, probably shouldn't have but I did (an unused fresh one, not another guests lol) but I couldn't figure out where the included towel was meant to be... I had brought my own so it wasn't a problem. I left my bag on my bed and headed straight out. I didn't return until about 23.45hrs and on getting back the Hostel was fairly quiet and there was no noise in the corridors.

One of the toilets was blocked when I went to bed.

In my dorm there was only 2 people sleeping so I knew people would be arriving back through the night but I expected this. I had earplugs with me and they blocked out most of the noise from outside. What I hadn't come prepared for (although I had thought about it before I left!!) was how bright the room was, there must have been the hostels outside lights outside my window (room 2) so it was almost like daylight in the room so really I needed an eye mask. People did come in through the night but although they did wake me they didn't disturb me too much (one man did turn the light on though!!!!! Div!!)

On getting up at 7.30 the next morning (my bus was at about 9am) and going to the bathrooms all of the toilets were blocked and it was a real disgusting mess. Because I was only staying one night it's difficult for me to know if it was a one off or a regular occurrence.

Breakfast was as rubbish as described in other reviews but at least it was something.

Overall the place was adequate and I'd probably return if I had no other options, the room was clean and warm and I felt safe so I got what I needed.

Date of stay: September 2017