All reviews pub crawl train station free towels longer stay city centre pubs students suitcases lock
Reviewed January 21, 2018

The hostel is near the train station which is very convenient and near the city centre.
The common areas are fine: couches, pool, bar...
The bathroom is clean, both toilets and shower but the toilets are very narrow!!!
The very negative point is the smell in the rooms. As it's winter, I guess they never open the windows and the smell is terrible!!! (I slept in a mixed dormitory)
The staff is alright

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

The location was awesome. The staff was super helpful and friendly. Honestly, they were the best! The breakfast was ok: just some toast & cereal. There was only one toaster so it took forever to toast the bread in the morning. The rooms & bathroom weren’t bad. The heating never got quite as hot as I wanted it to. I’d stay again!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2017

Check in took forever and then the guy at the reception sent us to the wrong room/beds twice. Pillows were paper thin and the bedding was old and worn and one of the mattress covers had red stains on it. Bathrooms were old and the toilet cubicles were extremely small, also only three female showers for the whole hostel. Only positive is the location and one of the staff members tried moved us to a more private room after the initial stuff up. Overall vibe wasn't good. Wouldn't recommend or stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed there several times and I have found the management and staff particularly friendly and accommodating, the hostel is well run and has a great atmosphere and it is located right in the central district of Oxford. I thoroughly recommend it.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

I cycled down from Daventry, so was very saddle sore by the time I arrived. The hostel's very close to the city centre, which was nice, and the staff are friendly. They offered a lock up for my bike which gave me peace of mind.

Bed was comfortable, and I would have got a decent night's sleep if it wasn't for the irritating "gap yar" students in my dorm coming in and breaching the peace in the early hours with their drunken wailing. Still, that's not a fault of the hostel, but a fault of British and Australian society I guess.

Free breakfast was everything you'd expect from a free hostel breakfast, decent amount of cereal and toast and jam on offer.

On the whole, a good experience, not the cheapest I've stayed in, but also far from the worst, and I would recommend if you're visiting the city.

Date of stay: November 2017