2,101 results
All reviews eastwyke house four pillars leisure facilities walk along the river tow path leisure club plenty of parking large hotel minute walk good size deluxe room steam room lovely hotel weekend break abingdon road town centre buffet style
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The spires is clearly a business hotel so one can expect that the prices are a little high. However one can argue that the the return is worth the price.

The physical setting is unique. It’s a short walk to the main part of Oxford yet is surrounded buy lots of green space including some farm animals. It basically allows one to enjoy both the urban and rural experience.

In terms of the hotel itself, the rooms are reasonably spacious, clean and have all the modern accessories. The staff is generally friendly but, there does seem to be fewer staff than the a similar sized hotel would employ. There is also a spa, steam room and exercise room available to all guests. However, there also does not seem to be allot of options/distractions for children.

The only negative issue and, it’s relatively minor, is that the restaurant menu is fairly limited for both lunch and dinner. But
considering how many restaurants and pubs are available within a short walk, it is not a major issue.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel for business, couples or, for tourists to have a nice quieter environment to stay. For families with children I would recommend it less strongly.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
LindseyW1250, Manager at Oxford Spires Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Terry,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and found the team and the room to be suitable. It is unfortunate to read your comments about the menu being limited as we have tried to cater for all but whilst retaining quality, fresh ingredients. As you mentioned, we do not have specific entertainment for children.

We hope we get the opportunity to see you again soon,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I just got back from spending a night at this lovely hotel. The rooms are abit Victorian and slightly dated but it’s still a nice hotel overall. The grounds are amazing and the staff was very friendly at the reception desk. My friend and I both had forgotten toothpaste and the gentleman at reception was very kind to give us each one and was very friendly. The breakfast was nice in the morning. Just that the service was abit slow. We waited 15 minutes to get coffee on the table and only got it after asking 2 different staff members. Food overall was very good. Just that the breakfast plates were very very hot!

Will definitely be back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Divya,

Thank you for your review. I can see that you enjoyed the majority of your experience although we could have improved on service at breakfast and with the standards of the bedroom. We are working on a project to improve the standard of our rooms and hope to have this underway soon.

We hope to see you back again soon,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve just come home from a 2 night break at Oxford Spires - lovely hotel - very modern and clean - staff can’t do enough for you - perfect position for visiting Oxford- 15-20min walk into town along the river - lovely spa facilities - only negative was that we had a 3 course meal included in the price but most choices on the menu came with an extra charge - would definitely recommend staying here - we’re already planning another trip in warmer, dryer weather!
Thank you for sending my phone back to me so promptly!

1  Thank Hellen66

Dear Hellen,

Thank you very much for such a lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you choose to return soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a genuinely difficult review to write as the hotel/staff were both good and bad. The room certainly was nice but it was not the deluxe room we were expecting. The bed was only queensize but it was comfortable . However, the room was very hot and there was no air-conditioning, something I expect as standard in a quality hotel. We had also asked for a balcony room but the balcony was small, surrounded by high fencing so the only way to see the view was by standing up but as it only overlooked the car park we didn't mind! It was useful as we were able to keep the full-length door open all night to try and cool the room down. We were not the only guests to feel the heat - we overheard a gentleman asking for a sheet and thin blanket from reception.
We ate in the hotel our first night and my husband chose the 'chef's special', a steak, which proved to be inedible. This was noticed by the staff and a replacement was offered which he politely declined. We were pleased they removed this from the bill without any prompting from us. The service was pretty good.
We ordered afternoon tea on our return the following day which seemed to cause a bit of a panic and was delivered by various members of staff. One of the waiters was wearing a dirty shirt which I was ready to overlook if he hadn't still been wearing it at breakfast the next day! Yet again, however, the staff redeemed themselves by taking the cream tea element of our afternoon tea to our room without any fuss.
The check-out was smooth and efficient which was just as well as the lift had broken down so we had to walk down 2 flights of stairs, not easy as my husband is registered disabled.
Overall, I would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane V

Dear Jane,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Whilst it is positive that you had some good aspects to take away there were clearly areas that we should have been better on. I am incredibly sorry about your experience with the steak and the afternoon tea although it is reassuring to hear that both were rectified quickly and in the correct manner.

We do have other lifts available that you could have used but I understand it can be difficult when suffering from a disability. I am also sorry to hear about your disappointment with your room. We are working on a project to upgrade all of our rooms and the option of air-conditioning is something that is being considered.

I understand that you would not wish to return but we hope you reconsider this in the future. Please do contact us directly at the hotel if there is anyway we could assist as we would love the opportunity to make up for your experience on this occasion.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I have just returned from a two day break at this lovely hotel. We had a beautiful suite, a huge comfortable bed and enjoyed the whole experience. We had dinner in the restaurant the first night and were intially annoyed at a kitchen mixup resulting in our main course taking 35 minutes to arrive but were adequately compensated with our wine being taken off the bill. The food was well worth waiting for. The waiting staff were very polite, friendly and efficient as were all staff we met (from cleaning staff to Reception) over the two days. We had a lovely walk along the Thames (the path is just behind the hotel and easily accessed). We had room service on the second evening and the food was delivered within 20 minutes piping hot. The whole hotel was clean and fresh and we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Suite 218 was a fair walk from reception and up two floors but it was very quiet.

Dear M&M,

Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted to see that you had a positive experience. I understand that there was some mix up with your meal but it is reassuring to see that it was resolved swiftly and successfully. I am also comforted by your comments regarding the team and I will ensure is passed on to them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.