All reviews homemade granola the bus city centre banbury road the main house on arrival north oxford restaurants and shops small hotel biscuits wet room minute walk comfortable bed single room wonderful stay b and b breakfast was excellent
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

I had a number of good stops on my short solo tour through England but my experience at Burlington House stood out. So much so that I am writing my first TripAdvisor review. It was a last minute booking and what made the difference for me was the feeling I was personally hosted by the owner, Nes. The room in the main house was nicely appointed and very good value in comparison especially to all the other spots I stayed during this trip. The English Breakfast was superb on both mornings and I really enjoyed the neighborhood which is easily accessible to the University and the main parts of Oxford by bus.

I would strongly recommend this hotel as a modern update of a classic house in a great location and a personally hosted stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

Stayed mid week after a business meeting, then visiting Oxford for the first time. Nes was very welcoming, suggested a good local bar & restaurant both of which were excellent. Lovely room, not large but very adequate. Very well appointed shower room. Good nights sleep & excellent breakfast in the morning. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Is on the main road, rooms are ok, but without the touches I'd expect for 5 stars for example instant coffee & towels too small too for when you've washed your hair. Breakfast is very 'boutique' but limited choice so I don't understand how it is award winning. I can make scrambled eggs on toast better myself. Overall it is pretty nice, but not 5 stars & not value for money for me.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Expectations were fairly high having read some other reviews and saw website .. On arrival for our 2 night stay all seemed ok and the manager friendly until were taken to our box room across the courtyard number 12 I think. Well certainly not worth £134 per night! Felt totally oversold and a far cry from 5 star accommodation - very misleading and we felt like we were out in the garage ( which we later established we were ). Room was tiny and so was the bathroom (wet room). Maybe if we had been in the main building our experience would have felt better. We felt as though there were lots of claims, but in our opinion was a way off where we would have expected .. they do not serve freshly squeezed orange juice and was surprised they say they do and the breakfast was fairly good but hot items were mainly eggs. Also an early small window for breakfast and we had not expected to have to set an alarm to ensure we didn’t miss it.. The room was adequate but not overly comfortable and you do get bigger rooms in budget hotels. We will not be returning and would certainly not recommend the courtyard rooms. In our experience this did not match the ‘rave reviews’, it was an average experience and poor value for money in a room that was way too small.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed September 28, 2018

Comfortable, cozy, clean rooms. Fantastic full English breakfast. Nes was a wonderful host. Many great restaurants nearby (try Joe's Bar and Grill - much better than the name might suggest). Although hotel a little distance from downtown, there are plenty of buses that stop nearby. And just a quick bus trip away from Blenheim Palace.

Date of stay: September 2018