All reviewsthe main houseorchard cottageoxfordshire countrysideround the groundsgrounds are stunningleisure staysingle travellerhotel accommodationflat screen tvwithin easy reachlate checkenjoyed our staynight staycooked breakfastplenty of parkingfull englishcomfy bed
Reviewed August 14, 2017

check in was ok . got to our room to find only one bath towel and two hand towels. wall are paper thin can even hear people in next room going to the toilet .no soundproofing here. breakfast is unreal .even have to make your own tea in a cup with tea bag then carry it back to your table , that is in a small room with other guests milling about sorting their breakfasts out , at the same time staff are running around trying to keep up with replenishing the self service food counter. NO HEALTH AND SAFETY HERE. after our day out back for second night to find bed not properly made pillow where we had left it and no replenishment of coffee sachets. the grounds are all nice but this is not a hotel just conference centre.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

We stopped for one night last week after visiting country file live .Room was large with double bed etc .we stayed in orchard cottage was very quiet with just four rooms .plenty of parking available.Breakfast was a bit chaotic on the Saturday morning as the hotel was full tables were very closely placed together .would be nice to stay when less crowded.lovely grounds though

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2017

We booked a 1 night stay B & B at Middle Aston House as a 50th Wedding Anniversary present for my Sister & Brother-in-law. On reading the TA reviews, I was a little sceptical about the rooms we may have allocated to us on arrival, and as it was a special occasion, I upgraded the 2 rooms for a small extra amount - Later in the week, a day before our arrival, I received a phone call from Joanne at Middle Aston to say there was a 'problem' with my upgrading and the rooms I'd upgraded to had been double booked! I was so disappointed, but to Joanne's credit she kept me fully informed, sorted the problem quickly and to my complete satisfaction.

On arrival, Middle Aston House is equally as impressive as I imagined. The House itself is fabulous and the grounds are stunning. Reception is light, airy and welcoming. We checked in and the receptionist showed us to our rooms which were in Orchard Cottage. The rooms in Orchard Cottage are beautiful, well decorated and quite large. The beds are large with crisp white sheets & very comfortable. The interior furnishings are bright, clean & fresh. Our 2 rooms, 60 & 61, were spotlessly clean with lovely fluffy towels in the on-suite.

In the evening we decided to eat at the House and had a bar meal - The best burgers ever were served, so much so, we asked to speak to the Chef to compliment him on these. Breakfast was also superb, good assortment of fresh hot buffet style food,bacon eggs etc, cereals, fruit, juices, etc. tea & coffee.

The grounds are lovely. We walked around the lake on a beautiful sunny Sunday morning. All in all we had a fantastic weekend, All the staff we had dealings with were most obliging, friendly & nothing was too much trouble & a credit to Middle Aston House - thank you & a special Thank You to Joanne who dealt with sorting out the 'double booking' in an efficient customer service manner.

Finally, If after reviewing previous negative comments on here you are unsure whether to book or not, I would have no hesitation in recommending this venue to family & friends and I hope to be able to return one day.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and book a room in Orchard Cottage if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2017

We were a bit deceived by the pictures online - we thought it was a fairly nice hotel due to its exterior and the website. When we arrived, we found out that the "double" rooms we had booked were not really King-size beds. One was a queen and one was a full-size (smaller than a Queen and definitely too small for my 2 6-foot tall sons to share). One of my sons ended up sleeping on the floor. Rooms were very small and were very dated - more like a youth hostel or college dorm room. It was a bit comical because when we checked in, the lady acted like our room was an "upgrade". We just had to laugh when we saw the room - upgrade from what? No A/C (of course), but no fan provided either. Our room was on the 3rd floor, which made carrying our 50-lb. suitcases up and down great exercise. No washcloths. Good WiFi and good, hot shower (not to be taken for granted when traveling around the UK).
Breakfast was included, but was very basic. All in all, this is a place to crash, but definitely no frills and extremely basic. Think family camp or dorm room, not hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2017

The grounds are gorgeous with a large pond full of fish and fowl and a well cut lawn in front with plenty of mature trees. The rooms though have thin walls (could hear neighbours in their bathroom) and low cost looking furnishings. My shower also surged and ebbed.

The staff were not very friendly, or at least a bit shy until you got them engaged. Breakfast quality not too high but then the room cost per night was not 4-star expectations. Overall you could do worse for an overnighter, especially on budget minded business, but I wouldn't want to stay there longer than that.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple