1,429 results
All reviews four pillars room restaurant lovely hotel sister hotel sauna and steam room leisure centre leisure club main restaurant secret escapes relaxing weekend spa facilities wedding guests deluxe room lounge area buffet style short break enjoyable stay
Reviewed April 10, 2015

I spent a wonderful night at the hotel with my teenage daughter. We really enjoyed walking down to the river, we both felt very relaxed.
Our room gave a lovely view of the gardens, but would have liked air conditioning.
We had a snack in the bar where the service was very attentive and reception were extremely helpful.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jonathan O, General Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2015

Dear 774SallyB,
Thank you for taking the time to review Oxford Thames. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. For your return visit, I would highly recommend the Garden Room experience, with their great views of the River Thames or water meadows, fully air-conditioned and luxury Hypnos beds, with comfy toppers - it really does makes for a truely unique stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Oxford Thames Hotel.
Best regards,

Reviewed April 9, 2015

Good hotel for a business meeting. Well catered, with great food and good service with all the amenities. Lounge areas the most attractive and comfortable areas for having lengthy conversations. Rooms very spacious and bathrooms clean. A little isolated from Oxford central unless you have a car.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Jonathan O, Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2015

Dear LLFagan

Thank you for writing your review, which I was really pleased to read. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and found us appropriate for business meetings. I was also delighted to read that you found the lounge areas attractive, rooms spacious and clean and the food great. We are very lucky to have a beautiful hotel, team and food and I was delighted that you enjoyed it.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Regards

Mairi S

Reviewed April 5, 2015

The Thames four pillars is one if 6 hotels in same chain all quite close in Oxfordshire/ cotswold areas.
Lovely hotel original brickwork and layout shows it previous college history.
Rooms were clean and bright. We had room backing onto grass lawn and stream which was nice apsrt from rhe midges.
Hotel nicy decorated as were the airy restaurants. Food was a high standard and lovely unusual flavours and the way food was cooked.
The staff were polite and very helpful they even wrote Happy 60th in cream on my desert plate with a candle in my cheescake that i had ordered.
Overall a nice weekend not fat from Oxford and its worth getting the tour bus in Oxford after park n ride at Redbridge.
Enjoy!

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jonathan O, Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2015

Dear GazzaEssex

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Oxford Thames.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I am happy that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your bedroom and that you found our housekeeping of a high standard. I am also pleased that the staff helped make your 60th birthday memorable and you found the food to be of a high standard.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Regards

Mairi S

Reviewed March 29, 2015

Courtesy of an upgrade by the lovely manager for this hotel we stayed in a garden chic room this visit. these are the newest rooms completed in a wing nearest the river . Some have lovely views straight across lawns to the river thames ground floor rooms at the front have seated patio areas [rather good if you are a smoker!] to chill and relax. You can sit there rather smugly and watch other guests in the distance walking around the grounds.

These rooms are very nicely fitted - docking station for your I phone - silent fridge and a very nicely fitted bathroom with shower over the bath. Although not enormous in size they are very comfortable with easy chairs and a lovely hospitality tray including wine and chocolate. The bed was comfortable and as always the bed linen and towels were excellent. The bathroom had one of the new features - a subdued nightlight fitted!. - brittiant if you have a husband who gets up in the night. Bed side lights were also effective although I did find the bedside table a bit of a reach from the bed itself, the headboard was so wide I did wonder it it had originally been for a superking sided bed. rather than queensized I would personally prefer a few more drawers and a little less wardrobe space [also nicely lit! ] Room safe makes for good security and was big enough for the i pad. One word of caution - you need to have a key card on you to regain entry to the hallway to these bedrooms - good idea to make sure you have one per person - otherwise you might be like me and get caught out with wet hair en route back from the lovely leisure centre.
staff as always very very friendly - and the dinner in the main restaurant and breakfast in the conservatory were both of a good standard. As before my mussel starter was fantastic.
As always a lovely chill out time - we met the same local friends in the vaulted sitting area for morning coffee on our departure day - she goes regularly over to this hotel for beauty treatments - another little luxury!
this hotel is a lovely classic !

Room tip: garden chic are the newest , nearest ther river.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank caroline b
Jonathan O, General Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2015

Dear Caroline B,
Thank you once again for such a great review and from your description, I'm sure it'll set the scene for other guests to be encouraged to visit the Oxford Thames Four Pillars Hotel. All of the staff are hugely motivated by such positive comments about the service we provide.
With many thanks indeed and we look forward to welcoming you back again to our "lovely classic".
Warm regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2015

Booked this as a last minuite Saturday night away, lovely quiet location on the rural Thames but within easy reach of the attractions of Oxford. Stunning bar, reception and Pool.
Very good food, drinks a little pricy, but in keeping with a good quality hotel.
Reccomend the walk down to Sandford Lock (concierge very good at giving directions)
Yup I would go back here and Im quite fussy.

Room tip: Garden Rooms look over the grounds down to the Thames
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Jonathan O, General Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2015

Dear paddythediver,
Thank you for writing your super review, which I was really pleased to read.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your time relaxing in our idyllic, historic building and 30 acres of grounds, adjoining the River Thames and Water Meadows.
We are very lucky to have such a beautiful hotel, team and food and I was delighted that you enjoyed it.
We hope to see you again soon.
Warm regards,