Stayed there over the weekend. Very presentable hotel. Fine buildings and grounds, with a little dock, river and stream. Acess to these seemed limited which is understandable. Had a meal in the restaurant that evening. Pleasant surroundings and modern décor. The food was splendid but also a little short on the portions. When this was broached the staff did offer to supplement the course with extra food. Apperantly I was not the first. To be fair my partner thought the portions were fine and what one should expect from this type of establishment. The staff were very good and very polite. Breakfast was very nice and plentiful. A couple of small things come to mind however which could do with a little attention. One or two wall light fittings in need of some attention before they part company from the wall in the reception lounge, and noises permeating our room. Our room whilst also very fine with a couple of low beams to contend with had paper thin walls. We could hear normal conversation from the guests next door, and also unfortunately their bathroom situated right next door to our bed and people using the stairs outside our room. The rooms have been fabricated inside a a very old building with two feet thick exterior walls and unfortunately very thin internal ones. Sauna, steam room and pool very pleasant, if not a little crammed in. Bar prices reasonable but the hotel chain seems to follow the tradition of adding 300% to their bottled wine prices unfortunately. Once again to be fair my partner also pointed out that this was standard practice. Mmmmmmm
Overall impression not value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stylish AA Four star Oxford hotel, is perfect for those wanting Oxford accommodation in a rural setting. Set on the river, in 30 acres of landscaped grounds, this Oxford hotel is just three miles from the city centre. The River Room Restaurant has an AA Rosette award for its food quality and choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your De Vere Oxford Thames reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oxford Thames 4 Pillars
- Oxford Thames Four Pillars Hotel Sandford-On-Thames
- Thames Four Pillars Oxford
- Thames Four Pillars Hotel Oxford