1,391 results
All reviewsfour pillarsroom restaurantlovely hotelsister hotelsauna and steam roomleisure centreleisure clubsecret escapesspa facilitiesweekend breakdeluxe roomrelaxing staybuffet stylereception arealovely roompark and ridestayed for one night
Reviewed October 13, 2017

I booked for 3 days at this hotel and I have to say I've been impressed of how nice the hotel was overall. Upon our arrival the manager offered us a room update without having to pay extra which was awesome! Rooms really had the old vibe of how they used to be in the past, and yes, we were in the more "ancient" part of the hotel. Staff was really kind to us during the entire stay. One thing I have to point out is the Tea Time: it wasn't a pure traditional one... You can't serve Tea Sachets at a Tea Time hahaha.. but it still was reall good. Rooms were cleaned and the bed was very comfortable. Very nice place, with full immersion in nature and away from Oxford city center rush.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Jonathan O, General Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Dear Andrea C,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at De Vere Oxford Thames.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I am happy that you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your College bedroom, in the original manor house and that you found our housekeeping of a high standard. My team and I are so happy to read your comments. We do hope that you come back soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2017

we stayed in the devere hotel oxford for two nights - although the hotel is beautiful the food leaves a lot to be desired!! On ordering room service I was charged £3.50 for a bowl of chips and £5!!! delivery charge!!!! At the evening meal the soup was lukewarm so I had to send it back - something I have NEVER EVER done before - the meals were so small and the vegetables were £4 on top not including potatoes - I also had to send the lamb back as it was completely red and I was unable to cut it - I like it pink but this was ridiculous - I have been waiting for an email asking me to comment but none has arrived - another first!!

Room Tip: our friends were on the ground floor - both nights they were disturbed by people outside the room having arguments
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear tweeny76,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your visit. Whilst I am obviously delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay, I am sorry that we did not meet with your expectations and that you felt let down by the food and Room Service experience. We have consistently been awarded an AA Rosette for our food quality, and do get many great comments regarding the food. However, as a team, we take on board your constructive feedback and we will all endeavour to perfect our levels of service, hospitality and quality and review all we do, to ensure our guests have wonderful experiences. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

De Vere Oxford hotel and restaurant - excellent room with very comfortable room

The taster menu was almost excellent with beef salad- hoi sin duck - mackerel and the lamb was sublime. The Beef was dry and overdone - but I'm confident that will be corrected on a well deserved return

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Jonathan O, General Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Steve F,
Thanks for your review of De Vere Oxford Thames, following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your dining experience, but am sorry that the beef was dry and overdone. I have spoken with the Kitchen team and passed on your feedback. They are sorry that it did not meet your expectations, but please be assured that this will be rectified for future stays.
Hope to see you again soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Just an overnight for a friend's surprise lunch but a terrific hotel with exceptionally friendly staff. Everything looked new and maybe it was. The reception area, bar and lounge are simply stunning - converted from a Cotswold barn. Breakfast was first rate and the staff accommodating over non menu items. We will certainly be going back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jonathan O, General Manager at De Vere Oxford Thames, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Dear NIGEL C,
Thank you writing about your experiences at De Vere Oxford Thames. I was pleased to read that you had totally enjoyed your experience here, and delighted that you loved the building, service and the food - the key ingredients of success for us!
We look forward to seeing you again.
Best regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2017

When we arrived they were in the middle of a wedding so to get a drink you had to have room service no where to sit in bar.

In evening children running around from weeding party and in lounge people with plastic cups and wine and crisps from Tesco and they were guests of hotel.

Food in restaurant average I sent my lamb back and it come back it was burnt to a crisp but I eat it my husband was finished. Breakfast was like a school dinning room.

Not worth the money in any way shape or form.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear lswalk,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel following your stay.
I am extremely sorry that you found certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. As a busy and diverse business, we always aim to cater for all of our guests' needs, and as such, we do reserve areas specifically for hotel residents to sit, but I am sorry that you found it busy at that specific time. Breakfast is usually served in our light and airy Conservatory, and is generally well received, in terms of its ambience and our wide and varied food offering, and I am sorry to hear it didn't exceed your expectations. I do hope that you will consider returning so that we can deliver a better experience for you. Kind regards, Jonathan Oldroyd