All reviews gin bar service charge blenheim palace afternoon tea no tea coffee making facilities before dinner quirky hotel superior room fine dining sitting room lamb an overnight stay lovely room restaurant manager attentive staff cream tea huge bed
Reviewed September 2, 2018

What a great hotel :-)

Superb room, fantastic service and lovely food.

We stayed there as part of tour the Cotwolds - a great perle located a short walk from Blenheim Palace - the small village is also cosy and worth a stroll.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarinJul
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

We dropped our son off at school and needing not to return to an empty house booked into The Feathers Hotel for a sneaky midweek getaway. What a quaint hotel - we received a lovely welcome and were then guided up to our room, Suite no 4. A shame we didn’t have more time to spend in the room, as it has a really big living space, and a well appointed bedroom at the top of the very old building. The bathroom had a fab separate shower and bath, so both tastes accounted for. Also a separate toilet in the lounge area. The room was quite warm being at the top of the building and I would suggest that it will be a great room for winter - might be a little warm in summer. We had pre-dinner drinks in the bar - a really great space, with lots of choice, gins and a good quality wine list. Then supper in the hotel - I had the steak, what had was really well cooked and very tasty, my wife had the vegetarian pie which she said was excellent. It was good to be able to make tea and coffees in the room but I do wish we could have been left with a small jug or carton of milk, personally I really dislike the 1970s UHT milk pods. We had a really good breakfast - great to be able to relax and not rush for breakfast. As an aside, the hotel arranged for flowers as it was my wife’s birthday - they were fabulous.. Thankyou - we’ll be returning with friends for a Christmas getaway....

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephen P
Reviewed August 28, 2018

In the lovely village of Woodstock in Oxfordshire, Feathers Hotel and its restaurant, transport you to another more gentle time .....a small delighgful wood burning fire welcomes you. You are invited to sit at a desk to register.
Our double room was a lovely period corner room with three large windows.the bed was kingsize and very comfortable....all warm and charming. The bathroom totally modern and efficient.
The staff was always anxious to be helpful.... outstanding were Miheala and Domonique.
The sitting room was very comfortable for a predinner drinks party, the food delicious at dinner for seven, as well as reasonably priced.
A lovely garden drinks/dining area is at the back of the hotel.
In everyway, a memorable experience!

Room Tip: Reserve early....small gem of a hotel
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank MortonScottsdale
Reviewed August 27, 2018

This is lovely hotel with no lift, so if you struggle with stairs, seek alternative accommodation. Parking is also a problem as they have no car park, so you need to keep your fingers crossed and get a space on the road close to the hotel.
The hotel is old and the floors uneven, our room was a good size but you always felt like you were walk8ng downhill when walk8ng across the room, not the quietest hotel but the benefit is the Italian restaurant around the corner

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank QualisUltra
Reviewed August 24, 2018

We have stayed in this hotel twice this summer due to traveling up and down the countryside I had been here before several years ago and it must have been in its heyday at the time as it was tired and management inconsistent at this time. In our 3 months of moving around the UK staying in hotels and holiday homes, I have been surprised at how many times you walk in and you are met by a dirty carpet in the entranceway. I believe that this says all about a hotel and the Feathers was no exception. Dirty entrance carpet and grubby general appearance.
Hotels should work into their budgets rug and upholstery cleaning on regular basis.
The hotel has had a room upgrade recently and the style is mix-matched, having combined obviously already owned furniture with new style modern headboards, chairs, art-- colors and cool bathroom tiles. This I did not mind but my husband found it a bit much. I thought that they had been rather clever. The bathrooms are modern and very clean.
The restaurants are staffed by no one over 30 and one got the feeling that they were only on a temporary basis.
The food was average, except for the steak sandwich at lunch which was excellent.
In the warm sunny days, the outside dining space was most enjoyable at lunch and dinner. It has a good atmosphere.

Stayed: August 2018