“Very nice hotel”

Novotel Reading Centre
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We stayed in executive room, the design was nice & very pleasant, very clean. free WiFi in the rooms, We even had a Nespreso machine in the room. very helpful staff, good breakfast. the Gym in the hotel is basic, located in the basement and the ventilation is not good.

1  Thank Nettup
Jacqui M, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Reading in the future. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan – General Manager

There are newer reviews for Novotel Reading Centre

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night for business purposes on 21.05.12. The reception staff were very polite and professional.
The room was clean and very modern. My dinner was good, my only gripe was my steak was overdone but the waitress service was excellent.
The hotel is on a main road so it may get noisy at weekends but I stayed on a Monday and noise outside was not an issue.However the location of this hotel is very central and a good base for staying in reading.
Overall a very good hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Reading Centre and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan – General Manager

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I had to go to Reading for business, a 3 day stay at Novotel which I would definitely recommend to all my colleagues. Friendly and helpfull staff dealing with all issues with a smile, good location...
Only one bad thing, too warm in the room.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back! a bit noisy at the front...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Jacqui M, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourself during your stay at Novotel Reading. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan – General Manager

Reviewed 18 May 2012

it was perfect. price balanced for amenities offered, well situated (near railstation), clean,..., but a little noisy

Room Tip: avoid primcipal street rooms for having a good sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ubicua

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I visited with my mother in law and this hotel was perfect. My mother in law has problems walking but this hotel was located between the train station and the city center, which was with in perfect wlaking distance to the Oracle and the other shops.

The staff could not have been frendlier and as we arrived early on a sunday to go shopping the receptionist called Orla checked our bags for us and took them to the concierge, when we came back as we walked through the door she had sent some one to get them for us. Check in was smooth.

The rooms were really nice, we had large single beds, a separate bath tub and shower, both were really posh and a separate toilet room. There was a medium sized tv and a small wardrobe.

We didn't use the pool or gym but we did have breakfast which was well worth paying for, hot, plenty of choice and lush hot chocolate which they didn't offer but when I asked they brought it straight away at no extra charge.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlotte B

Reviewed 11 May 2012

The hotel is right in the middle of town, with railway station just around the corner. The room was average, breakfast was adequate, but as we stayed as a group of 26 the meal in the evening was buffet style with very limited choice, which was rather disappointing. Also as it was a bank holiday Sunday there was a noise problem with late night revellers, be warned the double glazing does not eradicate this problem!

Room Tip: As previously mentioned you do not want to be at the front of the hotel as can be a noise problem,
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peverelpolly

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Novotel Reading. Your feedback is invaluable to our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services and indeed the service we offer. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Jacqui McMillan - General Manager

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed here for one night 31st of March for my birthday and mostly enjoyed my stay! The staff member that checked us in was rather nice but I felt that the long list of items/upgrade options provided was a bit much. The great this was that our request to be on a high floor away from other guests was granted! I'm a very light sleeper and my fiance' has trouble hearing, so we're a one-two punch of needing to be removed from the pack because I don't want to be woken up all night and he doesn't want to disturb others by having the telly loud. They gave us a great room on the highest floor with housekeeping cupboards on either side so no one was around us! The first hotel that has ever aced that request! Unfortuntely, Reading is a pretty rowdy town at night and there was some late night noise, but nothing too awful.

The room was rather nice and I liked the touch of having the loo in another area from the bath, washbasin and shower area, albeit was a bit claustrophobic and right by the entrance to the room. The mini b ina ar was average in its selection and I wonder why they bother, they can't have too many takers for the selection they offer. The bed was just average as well but the pillows are AWFUL!!! If you're going to be a 4* hotel, you MUST UPGRADE THE LINENS AND PILLOWS!!! The room service selection was decent but the late night menu was a definite let down, but it was nice that they offered 24 hour room service. I also really enjoyed the entertainment package! It was £15.50 for unlimited movies, music and broadband in a 24 hour period, which works out to a great deal, as we watched several movies and used the internet to search for restaurants for dinner. We had a drink in the bar and it was ok. The decor is a bit bland, but nice for the area.

All in all, a decent stay made better by having our major requests adhered to! Oh! And the great offer of a 17:00 late checkout, which was a life saver after our night out celebrating my birthday!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple