See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 17, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic stay, given all instructions prior to visit on how to collect keys etc. Easy 15 minute walk to and from the station and the oracle. Tesco express about 2 mins away, staff at the reception all very helpful and friendly and are very good if there are any problems. All rooms clean and cleaners attend once a week. Wifi not the best however if you go into the kitchen it is okay. Shower pressure very good and overall a great stay.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2015

We stayed there for 3 nights in 1 bedroom apartment. The size of apartment is great, there is a plenty of space in bedroom and in kitchen. The apartments are modern and new, all furniture looks fine.

The kitchen has all necessary appliances, including dishwasher and washing machine, that’s really nice. Other benefits are large fridge, a lot of dishes, cutlery, etc. The breakfast is not provided, although there is a complimentary set of tea/coffee / biscuits and water.

Free wifi has a very strong signal and we could use several devices searching internet simultaneously.

The bathroom is also modern and gets shower over bath. But the shower is quite bad, as the holes are clogged therefore the water pressure is bad.

I could say that staff was very helpful. We needed to extend our staying there for one more night and could not find the possibility within external booking systems. Therefore we asked at reception if they could help and after a couple of hours they confirmed the extension. It was great as we didn’t want to move anywhere else.

Location is good. It’s just 3-5 min to Oracle shopping centre and 15 min to the centre / railway station. There is a small Tesco just in 1 min walking on the corner. Although the area is not very green, 20 min by walk and you could reach the nice park.

That was definitely the best at quality apartments we stayed in Reading (compare 3 apartments), while a little bit more expensive, but it worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2015

The place outside of the rooms was dirty and completely uncleaned, the elevators were old and slow, it felt like a 2 star hotel, but the rooms were such a good value! Our room was perfectly clean and the privacy and spaciousness of it completely compensated for the exterior situation! Think it was definitely worth the price!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2015

No receptionist, but no access problems as the front door was left open and the combination to the safe is written in a guide pinned on the wall.
Flat was all decrepit, unclean, broken and, well, crap. Kept my shoes on, didn't touch anything unnecessarily, ate out, slept badly outside the bedclothes, had cold shower in the morning.
To cut a long story short, three flats over three nights, all with much the same issues.
The plumbers never did come. The receptionist even stood me up for our meeting.
Three days of arguing with the elusive receptionist and head office eventually resulted in a full refund.
I got what I paid for.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank andrevv1990
Reviewed April 23, 2015

Firstly, this is not a hotel! It is advertised as managed service apartments. There is a difference.

I booked the night before via a popular late booking service and the price was good. I booked what was described as a Studio for two people. I was travelling alone for business for one night.

On the day of my arrival I received an email saying that payment could not be taken due a problem with their merchant banking account. That started to ring alarm bells. But I eventually was able to pay via a paypal link that they sent to me.

They had already sent me a very comprehensive email setting out the front door entry code, the rear door (by car park) entry code, the keysafe code to get the room key, and the wifi code.

Parking is very very limited – about four spaces for some fifty apartments, but I managed. I gained access to the building by using the key code but reception was empty at 4pm (it was meant to be manned at this time) so obtained my room key from the keysafe.

The lift had a sign saying ‘do not use’ as the emergency calling facility was broken but I used it anyway and it was fine.

The room was spotless and large and not what I was expecting from a Studio. Good design with an entrance corridor, large bathroom (with a bath!) to the left, and this opened up into a large bedroom area with two desks. The kitchen was also very clean and led off from the main room. The bedroom windows could be fully opened; I hate hotels that restrict the opening. A few of the light bulbs were not working but enough were.

The shower was excellent – possibly the highest pressure shower I have ever used – and the water was very hot.

The Wifi worked well but you have to choose the access point with the strongest signal – no brainer if you know what you are doing. The Wifi code is stupidly long!

Slept really well and checked out next day by returning the key to the keysafe.

So in summary, it was all really good and I do not have a single complaint. I did not see or hear another soul within the building so wonder how well it is doing? It would seem from other reviews that maybe other floors/rooms are not so good and after reading those, I would have to carefully consider if I would return.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business