1,468 results
All reviews city centre st marys gate secure parking car park shower and toilet ring road third floor meal deal ecclesall road all you can eat on site parking self service key card family room good nights sleep excellent stay excellent value for money
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in April and could not fault the hotel or staff at all.

It’s a short walk to the centre of Sheffield and only charged £4 for secure car parking which is great value for a city centre hotel.

The staff were all really helpful and friendly, rooms clean and the hotel was quiet even with it being near main roads.

Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2018

Arrived to find out parking is chargeable in underground car park at £4 per night, it is secure though. Reception is on 3rd floor reached via 1 of 2 lifts which are a little tight for a wheelchair. However all staff at all times were pleasant, polite and helpful. In particular 2 night staff Brandon & Farpur ( probably spelt that wrong but he was on duty all 3 nights we were there) we had to call upon Farpur on the Saturday night 7/4 in early hours for assistance for our Grandaughter who was in a disabled room across the corridor from us & he was so kind and re-assured us it wasnt a problem and helped us without any fuss and very efficiently. Bit disappointed with the breakfast - worse we have had in any Premier Inn but evening meals were excellent and reasonably priced. it was clean and comfortable overall. Cleaned each day - however had to go down each day for additional teabags, sugar etc as only left 2 of each every day !? In the disabled room we found the bed to be a bit low which proved difficult for our Grandaughter to get up from into her wheelchair - ours was a good deal more regular height, but an ordinary room or we would have swapped over. The washbasin in the disabled room was very tiny not sufficient to have a proper wash in and no plug we had to request 1 which never materialised & the soap dispenser was situated on the side wall away from the washbasin which was difficult to access from a wheelchair. Our room was perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms are from level 4 upwards to 12th floor and due to location no view so cant recommend on this
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Gill S
Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel a night before a business meeting. There were a couple of technical issues in my room which the duty manager, who sadly seemed to be completely overrun manning reception on her own, sorted out swiftly for me. She was great.

However, the service in the restaurant was really disappointing. I was seated and brought the drink I ordered. I asked for two more minutes as I was not ready to order my food, having been told that there were none of the 3 steaks available, no garden peas, no cranberry sauce for the burgers and no brown rice for one of the salads. “Apart from that, we have everything else”.

However, the ‘nice but new and not yet ‘with it’’ waitress never came back to take my order after 2 minutes; she didn’t come back at all. It seemed like the bar staff were also covering the restaurant with no structure or communication about who was looking after who and which stage of the process their customers were at - instead just all chipping in when they noticed something needed doing. All very nice and helpful when asked (or rather, called over) but clueless about running a basic restaurant service.

In the time no one came back to take my order, 3 people sat down and had their orders taken by random members of bar/ restaurant staff. I had to eventually hail someone to place my order which was now 4th in the queue of table orders.

The chap who sat down 15 minutes after me left the restaurant 5 minutes before after my order finally arrived.

My food, when it did arrive, 50 minutes after I sat down, was disappointing. The dauphinois potatoes, that I had had to pay more for as an upgrade, seemed reheated and luke warm and covered in grilled cheese. My grilled chicken was quite good if a bit dry. The ‘seasonal greens’ were disappointing in flavour. Most of the menu seemed fried or microwaved to be honest, apart from the salads.

I am very impressed with the quality of the rooms and reception staff at Premier Inn, and Danielle the Duty Manager was brilliant ... particularly when I mentioned my concerns about the restaurant. But the restaurant now really needs some focus.

Also, as a final comment, both times I have stayed, I have found the music in the restaurant is way too lively for restaurant dining in the evening.

Premier Inn, please now do what you have done to the sleeping aspect to the eating aspect!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank KateBChichester
Reviewed April 2, 2018

We arrived on Good Friday at 10pm having booked a family room online. Firstly, the reception is only accessible via a lift to the third floor. The door to the stairs requires a key card so cannot be used prior to check in. My wife has a phobia of lifts so had to wait at the door whilst I went and checked in. I got the key cards, went back down to let her in and they didn't work. Back up in the lift to reception. Two new keys cards issued. Back down in the lift. Still the key cards didn't work! All this with two children in tow! Luckily by this time, someone had come out of the stairs door so she managed to walk up to reception. My wife spent 45 minutes in reception trying to get keys that worked but to no avail. Luckily, (Farhan I think it was), offered her a free drink from the bar for her inconvenience. The key issue was resolved the following morning.We arrived in our room to find that the air conditioning was out of order (showing error 101 on the panel) and had been replaced by an oil fired radiator. In a family room! The room was cold as the heater was off but then became boiling hot in the night which meant you had to get up and turn it off. Luckily our children are 9 and 6 so we could warn them to stay away from the heater but Premier Inn did not know this but obviously knew it was a family room as it had been made up in that configuration. To top it all off, having arrived at just after 10pm, I was told that the full day parking rate of £4 would have to be paid until midnight, and then it was another £4 for the next 24 hrs from midnight to midnight. I asked was he sure it was not 24 hrs from when you entered the car park but was told no, even though it was after 10pm, I would have to pay the £4 until midnight. Needless to say I waited up until midnight to move the car from the street into the car park. All in all, a fairly unsatisfactory stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn team at Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Hi Sonja & Rob

Thanks for taking the time to review your visit.

I'm really sorry you had some issues with the key card, we appreciate how inconvenient this must have been for you. They can sometimes become demagnetised if they come into contact with electrical devices such as mobile phones, so we suggest keeping them away from these.

I'm concerned to hear the air-con unit wasn't working and this has been passed onto Maintenance team to get this fixed ASAP.

I've also passed your comments regarding the parking arrangements onto the Hotel Manager for their future consideration.

I hope this hasn't put you off staying with us and we see you again in future.

Darren

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my daughters for a shopping trip. Brilliant location and room of usual Premier Inn standard. Would definitely stay again. Easy walking distance to shops, cinema and restaurants. Staff polite and helpful. Parked easily in their car park for just £4.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family