See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 4, 2015

Yes, the hotel does show its age at some places, but this is by far exceeded by the friendlyness and helpfulness of the staff. Thanks a lot. BTW. the Hotel is about to be sold so the future is uncertain.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
JonKington, Owner at Etruria House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2015

Thank you for your comments. Sale is not imminent - these things take time.

Reviewed July 30, 2015

Friendly owners who welcomed us upon arrival warmly. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Ideal for us visiting Sheffield for a graduation. I would definitely return to this hotel if we were to visit Sheffield again. Free parking was a bonus and the price of the stay was very reasonable.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed very similar
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed July 14, 2015

I went on their website to book a room but there was only an enquiry option so I enquired. I received an email back the same day which was prompt, letting me know the room was available at the stated priced and that I could reply with my bank details. This email was a bit blunt for my liking but had all the necessary information. It also had a contact number which I preferred so I gave them a call to book it with card in hand.

First of all the call rang and then cut out - so I tried again.
The second call rang and then went silent - which was quite odd.
The third time I rang a rather flustered man answered asking what I wanted. I explained there had been some odd things happening when I had called in case it was a technical fault that may prevent other customers from booking. The man asked again what I wanted. Rather taken aback I said I was ringing to book a room but I was not sure if I would now, and the man said ok and hung up!

On that basis, if that is anything to go by, I would not want to stay at this hotel if this is an example of their customer service.

Stayed: July 2015

Sorry you had this experience but judging by the comments other people have made this is not the norm ?

Reviewed May 19, 2015

My husband and I needed to spend Saturday night in Sheffield. We had stayed at Etruria House before after a family wedding and were happy to return. The owners are friendly and helpful,the rooms are scrupulously clean and the beds some of the comfiest I have slept in at a hotel. The breakfast was hearty and freshly cooked. No minus points.

Room Tip: Have stayed in two different rooms and have no preference.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Moominmama54

Reviewed April 26, 2015

We had to spend a couple of nights in Sheffield because of an appointment at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital. We chose the Etruria House Hotel on the basis of Tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed. Our principal criterion for making our choice was that our accommodation should be close to the hospital and indeed the Etruria House Hotel is just 10 to 15 minutes' walk away (depending on whether you are walking uphill from the hospital to the hotel or downhill in the other direction). It is clean and comfortable and a good English breakfast was provided. Our bedroom was large enough with space for our luggage and unlike many of the hotels in which we have stayed plenty of coat hangers in the wardrobe. The ensuite shower room showed ingenious use of a very small space. There was a large lounge for the use of guests. We had excellent service from the owners.

The purpose of my visit was not for sightseeing but I had several hours on both days of my stay to occupy. I found that just a few minutes' walk for the hotel are (in one direction) the Weston Park with its interesting museum and (in the other) the pleasant suburb of Broomhill with several independent cafes, restaurants and pubs.

We would recommend the Etruria House Hotel to anyone wishing to stay near the Royal Hallamshire Hospital.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jpcheshire1615
JonKington, Owner at Etruria House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2015

Thank you kindly for your comments and evaluation of our business which is most appreciated. I am pleased although visiting the hospital your experience was a pleasurable one.