All reviews ponds forge train station q park car park short stay discount voucher central location minute walk comfy bed shower gel would stay again reception area travel lodge stayed here for one night great shower good size town centre
Reviewed April 11, 2018

Booked one night stay whilst attending the Sam Smith Concert. Check In was smooth quick and friendly. The room was very clean, spacious, modern and the beds comfortable, shower hot and powerful.
There is no parking at the actual hotel but you can park at the Castlegate Car Park which is 2 minutes walk from the Hotel and you get a discount. You need to tell the Hotel Reception on Check out that you need a discount voucher.
We did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on this.
Ideal place for a few nights in Sheffield. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank hayleydalbs
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2018

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us whilst attending the Sam Smith Concert. We really appreciate your very kind review and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to Sheffield.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here as we were going to see Sam Smith at the flyDSA arena. The room was adequate size good size bathroom with great sized shower. Spotlessly clean. We had breakfast which was excellent value and quality, good price meal at night aswell. Staff were fantastic, 2 minute walk to the tram stop which dropped off 2 minutes from the music venue. All in all a fantastic stay and fully recommend this hotel. Definitely stay again. Great value for money. Best placed hotel if you're going to the arena.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

We're delighted that you chose to stay with us whilst attending the Sam Smith concert at the flyDSA Arena. I'm really grateful to you for posting this very kind review and recommendation and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Sheffield City Centre on a future visit to the area.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

We stayed on one of the snowiest awful weather nights when we couldn't get home.
A man came in well after 11pm with two homeless men asking for 2 rooms and prepared to pay for 3 and use his card to cover any losses.
Extremely saddened to see the gents turned away because they couldn't provide an address and left to find a hostel on such a bitterly cold and terrible night.
Only after they'd gone and following criticism from those of us watching did they say the men could have sat in the bar all evening to stay warm.
Too little too late!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank claremarsh2
Reviewed March 9, 2018

I desperately wanted to give this hotel a 5* as it was really cute. Room was lovely, all clean, bathroom was immaculate. The bar/restaurant area was lovely. Staff were very friendly. The only downfall was the food. I ordered the salmon salad - the salad was nice, however the salmon was cooked to an inch of it's life. Super hard with hardly any taste - I can only assume it was frozen and they were over cautious with the cooking times. Only reason why 1 was deducted... Still, I didn't stay for the food, it was for the room which was really very lovely.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Diane B, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Many thanks for your "Great value" review and kind comments, we're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, though i'm disappointed that we didn't meet all your expectations.
I hope that we can welcome you back on a future visit to Sheffield.

Reviewed March 9, 2018

Comfortable room, friendly staff, good breakfast. Good location, with ease of access to public transport and the railway station and the city centre. Comfortable bed, clean room and pleasant outlook. Will return again.

Room Tip: Availability of Mobile 'phone for use (free) during my stay was both a surprise and also innovative and useful. Brilliant benefit to the guest.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

My team and I are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us at ibis Sheffield City Centre and we're really grateful for this very kind review. We I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.