All reviews petrol station convenient position spar shop adequate bathroom pub next door travel lodge plenty of parking young man on reception helpful receptionist service station budget hotel bath towels a ground floor room ring road bed and pillows no lift great hotel
Reviewed October 24, 2015

Having driven down south and then nearly run out of 'driving hours' on my way back towards West Yorkshire, a call by phone to the T/L Operator, got me a Reservation at this T/L. I was met by two lovely Staff members, one being a Trainee, at Reception, and the 'Booking In' process went without a hitch. My room was No. 24, and I found it clean well decorated and warm. Lovely soft sheets on the bed, and the new mattress and pillow arrangement made for a good nights sleep. No traffic noise, and quiet within the Hotel added to the 'mix.'
I collected my 'breakfast in a box' from the Night Shift Receptionist, at 5am, and was pleased as with the other two Reception Staff members, that he was polite and helpful.
Easy to Park my vehicle, with an eating establishment situated next door, who'd served me up a nice inexpensive meal, on my arrival.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2015

This Travelodge has been refurbished to a exceptionally high standard.
It is a great value hotel room in a convenient location for Sheffield and its venues..
Very nice and helpful staff who provided useful information in relation to the surrounding areas

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed October 14, 2015

On arrival, i was greeted by a fairly grumpy night porter to be told he'd let my room go. Great i said, to then be told that they weren't full so i could still have it. So what was point of telling me? Anyway, all that said. The room was standard travelodge and comfortable. The Shower gel was empty so i had to use the hand wash by leaning out off the shower. All in all, next trip to Sheffield will reconsider my hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Karen from the Social Medai Team at Travelodge Sheffield Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2015

We appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel. It’s really important to us that our staff provide a fantastic service to our customers and remain professional at all times so we are sorry to learn that you feel this was not the case on this occasion. We are also sorry to hear that the shower gel in your room was not replenished. Your comments will be passed on to our hotel colleagues to ensure that the correct level of service is provided at all times.

Reviewed September 29, 2015 via mobile

I've avoided Travelodge for a few years after a few poor experiences in older properties in the Home Counties. I decided to give the brand another whirl on a last minute booking as most of the other chains in the area were top dollar.

All I can say is I've been missing out.

First thing to note is what an asset you guys have on reception. From check in onwards, the man on reception (evening 29/9) was super friendly, chatty and welcoming - something you never see in hotels that cost twice the price. He clearly cares about his customers.

Note to Travelodge: give this guy a raise - he's definitely reignited my interest in using Travelodges again. It's amazing how much a nice conversation can brighten up your day after a long and boring day at a client site. I'd hire him tomorrow!

On to the room - another pleasant surprise. Very spacious, immaculately clean and decorated to a reasonable standard for a budget hotel. For the price, I'm shocked at the quality.

With my work as an IT contractor I stay in hotels about 1/3 of the year and it's very rare I feel the need to write a review - positive or negative - as most are so non-descript.

I'm in Sheffield for the next few months, so I'll be back, without a doubt.

Hilton will be seeing a lot less of my money in the future.

Nice work!

Raising the bar for the rest of the chain.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank sophieottaway
Reviewed September 29, 2015

A pleasant greeting from reception, friendly. room was ground floor to the rear of the lodge. Clean ,fresh and quite smart, towels for two , plenty of tea and coffee.This lodge is obviously used by contractors/white van men. However we barely heard any noise either from the nearby Parkway road or other guests. Overall a good experience.Rubi our Staffie was quite settled. Her first travelodge visit .

Stayed: September 2015