All reviews petrol station breakfast box travel lodge family room service station bed and pillows budget hotel ring road room was clean no lift what it says on the tin great shower excellent stay car park easy access good nights sleep short stay
Reviewed October 24, 2015

Having driven down south and then nearly run out of 'driving hours' on my way back towards West Yorkshire, a call by phone to the T/L Operator, got me a Reservation at this T/L. I was met by two lovely Staff members, one being a Trainee, at Reception, and the 'Booking In' process went without a hitch. My room was No. 24, and I found it clean well decorated and warm. Lovely soft sheets on the bed, and the new mattress and pillow arrangement made for a good nights sleep. No traffic noise, and quiet within the Hotel added to the 'mix.'
I collected my 'breakfast in a box' from the Night Shift Receptionist, at 5am, and was pleased as with the other two Reception Staff members, that he was polite and helpful.
Easy to Park my vehicle, with an eating establishment situated next door, who'd served me up a nice inexpensive meal, on my arrival.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2015

This Travelodge has been refurbished to a exceptionally high standard.
It is a great value hotel room in a convenient location for Sheffield and its venues..
Very nice and helpful staff who provided useful information in relation to the surrounding areas

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed September 29, 2015 via mobile

I've avoided Travelodge for a few years after a few poor experiences in older properties in the Home Counties. I decided to give the brand another whirl on a last minute booking as most of the other chains in the area were top dollar.

All I can say is I've been missing out.

First thing to note is what an asset you guys have on reception. From check in onwards, the man on reception (evening 29/9) was super friendly, chatty and welcoming - something you never see in hotels that cost twice the price. He clearly cares about his customers.

Note to Travelodge: give this guy a raise - he's definitely reignited my interest in using Travelodges again. It's amazing how much a nice conversation can brighten up your day after a long and boring day at a client site. I'd hire him tomorrow!

On to the room - another pleasant surprise. Very spacious, immaculately clean and decorated to a reasonable standard for a budget hotel. For the price, I'm shocked at the quality.

With my work as an IT contractor I stay in hotels about 1/3 of the year and it's very rare I feel the need to write a review - positive or negative - as most are so non-descript.

I'm in Sheffield for the next few months, so I'll be back, without a doubt.

Hilton will be seeing a lot less of my money in the future.

Nice work!

Raising the bar for the rest of the chain.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank sophieottaway
Reviewed September 29, 2015

A pleasant greeting from reception, friendly. room was ground floor to the rear of the lodge. Clean ,fresh and quite smart, towels for two , plenty of tea and coffee.This lodge is obviously used by contractors/white van men. However we barely heard any noise either from the nearby Parkway road or other guests. Overall a good experience.Rubi our Staffie was quite settled. Her first travelodge visit .

Reviewed September 28, 2015

Easy access from the motorway just off the slip road.Fantastic stay friendly staff, clean and comfortable room, free and easy parking with patrol station and restaurant on site definitely stay again..

• Trip type: Travelled with family