“A lovely time!”
Review of Staindrop Lodge

Staindrop Lodge
Ranked #21 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Myself and my partner happened to win a competition to stay at Staindrop Lodge and we were over the moon with the whole experience. The room we stayed in was huge and was tastefully decorated. The food is amazing (we have been before to the restaurant and have enjoyed it every time) and most of all the staff couldnt have been any nicer. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stay here every couple of months on business trips to Sheffield. Staff are fantastic, helpful and friendly, but not intrusive. Rooms are very pleasant, clean, spacious and the decor is very nicely done (is it Art Deco or Art Nouveau - I can never remember which is which!) Food is well cooked (not a microwaved lasagne in sight!) and the dinner menu has a good variety of dishes and the specials change regularly. As a lone female traveller I never feel uncomfortable eating alone in the restaurant. Breakfasts are superb, all cooked to order and the choice is great - if you want kippers, smoked salmon, omlette, porridge or a full English (exactly how you like it) they have it! Only one negative, If you get chance to have an executive room with a spa bath beware - last time I had one when I switched on the jets what seemed like a bucket load of dust, muck and dead flies came out! Emptied, rinsed and tried again and it was OK, this is the only thing that I can find to complain about however, and might just have been because it hadn't been used in some time! They also have nice meeting facilities, with good room sizes and plentiful hot and cold refreshments!

Room Tip: Executive rooms have spa baths!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2012

If you are in North Sheffield and in need of some top quality food then pay a visit to the Standrop Lodge. I have eaten countless meals in the hotel and cannot praise the quality and staff enough. Try the club sandwich for a great lunch time treat!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank jasowl
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I would recommend Staindrop Lodge to anyone, either if you planning a night away or even if you just fancy a bite to eat. The location is ideal, with close access to the M1 and for us it was really easy to find. Me and my partner stayed over for a friends birthday a couple of weeks ago and was pleasently surprised, the rooms themselves were modern to a high standard and very clean, the jacuzzi bath add a very special touch. The reception staff were accomdating, friendly and helped us settle in. We had a meal booked in the bar/restaurant, we were advised to try out the recently new menu. There was a really reasonable and varied choice, I had the lasagne and my partner had wood pigeon then trio of duck off the specials, both were excellent. Very decent sized portions and cooked very well. We spent the evening in the bar, the atmosphere was pleasant and had a welcoming mix of people out enjoying their evenings. We had a lovely breakfast the next morning too. I would definitely stay here again, its not only reasonablly priced but the quality of service by staff and the hotel were second to none.

Me, my partner and my friends had a really enjoyable evening and a lovely time at Staindrop Lodge.
Thank you.

Room Tip: As previously mentioned, our room with the jacuzzi bath added a very special touch.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Smiler1803
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed here a couple of times. It would get a five star if not for the water pressure in the shower which is ok but not exactly a tropical rainstorm! Stayed in two different rooms and the shower issue was the same in both. Food is very good and the rooms are comfortable and quiet, Free wi-fi which makes a very pleasant change. Ample parking and very close to M1 and Sheffield. Incidentally post code is Sheffield but it is well north of the city centre - more like Chapeltown. Location was great for me as I was working on nearby business park. Room rates are good too. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TheWestCountryNomad
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Certainly a little out of the way tucked away in Chapeltown in the North of Sheffield this a little art deco themed gem.

Eaten here many times and always been very impressed with the food and service.

The one negative I would comment on is that at busy times the restaurant can get quite noisy but other than that I can only recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SUIUHTB
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I attended a birthday party here, never been before. I must say i thought the buffet was very good - it was actually warm when i got to it, most of the time i get to a buffet which has been left standing for hours! The buffet was fresh and tasty. I can't say anything for the food because i didn't eat from the menu.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends