All reviews spa bath birthday party function room course meal pie fantastic value room was large following morning member of staff full english breakfast night stay fantastic hotel saturday night comfy bed cooked breakfast rachel venue
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night while passing through Sheffield. The hotel was great value for money- £49 per night. The room was very clean & spacious, several flights of stairs to get to the room as others have mentioned.
The bathroom had a pod style shower/bath combination which was a little strange but kinda cool/amusing. The only let down was the wifi which didn’t work on both our devices even though we had the correct password, we called down to reception and they reset the system however it still didn’t work. I would suggest bringing your own pillows for extra comfort.
We had dinner in the bistro which wasn’t too bad.
Overall positive due to the reasonable price we paid.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

We use this hotel to visit family and friends in the area and can’t fault this hotel. The staff here in all areas are brilliant, so efficient and friendly- nothing is too much trouble. We were especially impressed with the young man at breakfast who made us feel special each morning. The quality of the food is second to none really tasty. The rooms are just perfect everything you need. My elderly mother often stays here on her own and they always look after her which puts me at ease. Well done all - you have got everything just right.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2018

I have stayed at the staindrop on several occassions , normally for a few nights at a time. I have always found the staff very helpful and friendly, many of them are young and learning their trade, but are all a huge credit to themselves and the hotel.
The food I have had at this hotel is genuinely some of the best I have had in the whole of the North. It deserves to best known as a top place to eat and not just as a hotel.
Yes the views from the rooms are not scenic, this is not the fault of the hotel, this is chapeltown, so I don't expect to see the Taj Mahal or the hanging garden's of Babylon !!!,
See you soon, excellent.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

Turned up for a night's stay and use of a function room for a family birthday.

Checking in was straight forward. Seems to have a myriad of stairs but once you get the hang if it, there are short cut corridors to use!
The bedroom we had was spacious. The bed, a double, was small. Could do with a king size rather than a standard double. Room was quiet even though close to The function room.

The bar. This was busy with people having bar meals when we arrived about 4.30pm. Alcohol was expensive but I suppose typical for a hotel. Not the place to spend an evening if you are just looking for a pub.
The function room was a decent size for our party of >20 people. The bar there is connected to the main bar so at times we had no barman available especially early on. The food provided was wonderful. Both on quantity and quality.
We retired to the bar afterwards where we kept a couple of the barman hanging around in the early hours.
The next day we had a standard English breakfast. The crockery must be slippery as there was plenty of cutlery slipping off it when plates were cleared!
Checking out was also straight forward.
I'd have no hesitation about going again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2017

A group of us recently attended a Christmas Dinner Dance here. The food was of excellent quality and served in a timely manner. Table service for drink orders was a bonus rather than having to go back and forth to the bar. The only downside was that the room where the Disco was held although comfortable with its own bar is nowhere near large enough to accommodate the amount of guests that had attended the dinner. We were squashed in like sardines and many people didn't have a table or seating. I would also suggest that it might be an idea for staff to keep an eye on what is happening on the dance floor! I am surpised some of the "high jinx" didnt end in an accident. We all agreed we would visit again as the food was very good but I don't think we would attend a Christmas Dinner Dance in the future.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends