“Lovely! Don’t believe the bad reviews. ”
Review of Julio's

Julio's
Ranked #510 of 1,556 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

Visited here tonight with my partner for a late birthday meal, and had a lovely evening.
The owner, who was waiting on his own, was SO friendly and welcoming. Happy to explain the menu, offered an ice bucket with our wine, kept our glasses topped up and the service was fast and always with a smile. The food was great...not the best Italian food you’ll ever eat, but for the price and location, it was lovely and I would definitely visit again.
Confused and shocked by the bad reviews on here?! I would recommend this place for a cosy friendly meal!

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful food. Bruschetta and chile piquitos for starters! Vegetarian pancake is gorgeous! Reasonably priced and great service! Thanks Julios, will definitely be back!

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Had a Mexican dish. It had tortilla chips mixed into the sauce so it was like mushy slop. It was burnt onto the bottom of the dish and was horrible. Complained and was told that just how it was. Offered a free drink as we were leaving. Will never go back!

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

First visit on Saturday night and had an excellent meal and night out. Menu catered for all tastes with added bonus of some specials. It was quite busy but food arrived hot, fresh and well cooked. Service was friendly but professional. Give it a try, we will be back again.

1  Thank robf46
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

We visited Julios with friends last night after a recommendation, for my birthday celebration.

My partner and myself ordered king prawns and mushrooms to share for a starter. When the prawns arrived they were still whole but covered in a tomato based sauce, no plate or water bowl for the aftermath of de-gloving the prawns, only 3 prawns for £6.20. This was a very messy business because of the sauce and I did make a point of mentioning it to the waitress, dressed up for a nice evening now with tomato sauce on our clothes. They also tasted very fishy, which isn't what prawns normally taste like to me. I passed the remaining 2 and a half to my partner and he also tried them but didn't finish them because they weren't right. The waitress asked if we didn't enjoy them and we explained the above and her response was we have a stand in chef, and agreed the presentation was unusual but didn't offer to deduct them from our bill. We aren't ones to complain and let it go.

My partner ordered salmon pasta, there was no smoked salmon left, they offered him the fillet of salmon with the pasta and he agreed this was ok, the waitress came back 10 minutes later saying there would be an additional charge for the salmon fillet. Again, we agreed as don't like to complain, but do feel they should have stood to this charge.

My partner has been on the toilet literally since we got in last night. He's not eaten anything else and today has been ruined because of it. We rang the restaurant to inform them that the prawns or the salmon had made him/us ill, only to be told it was physiological! Was happy to take our £112 for a meal for 4. Birthday spoilt, will not be returning. Feel very disappointed that such a local establishment can be run badly and not care about its customers. Bad service, bad attitude.

3  Thank Linzishaw3005