“Fantastic onion bhaji”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2016 via mobile

I have been going here for years and I love it. Great friendly local Indian restaurant. Food is always delicious. I can't fault anything. The staff are great and take time to answer questions about different dishes.

Reviewed January 16, 2016

I have been going to The Mohul for many years and have never had a bad meal. I took a friend recently and he declared his chicken masala was the best he had ever had! The staff are always very pleasant and helpful. I love this place!

Reviewed December 30, 2015 via mobile

I visited here on Boxing Day with a number of friends. The service is very friendly and, having been there a number of times over the years, I believe the food is consistently very good. It can get very busy on a Friday or Saturday evening so it may be worth booking a table in advance.

Rohan I, Manager at The Mohul Indian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2015

Reviewed December 15, 2015

This is a fab restaurant with great service and excellent quality food. I recommend the butter chicken. Never ever been disappointed!

Reviewed December 5, 2015

"The Sheffield Star" curry house of the year 2014 and lots of excellent ratings on Trip Advisor. Consequently, I was really looking forward to my first visit to "Mohul" last Thursday night.

First impressions were good - a clean, well-presented dining environment and welcoming staff. However, the proof of the pudding (or curry) is in the eating and I am sorry to have to report that the food we ordered was "nowt special" - pretty average in fact.

I ordered lamb methi balti and vegetable rice. Try as I might I could not detect the usually distinctive methi flavour and the lamb chunks seemed suspiciously beefy to me. The vegetable rice was little more than pilau rice with turmeric and some lumps of cauliflower and potato stirred in.

I was expecting food prepared with love in the kitchen but what I got was standard curry fayre. Certainly palatable but without the "Mmmm - that's really nice" factor that I was expecting. I also do not appreciate being addressed as "boss" by waiting staff. From my experience "sir" is the appropriate form of address for male diners in good restaurants.

Rohan I, Manager at The Mohul Indian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2015

im sorry you didn't enjoy your meal on this occasion.
We always aim to provide the best food and service
and our chef does dedicate himself on providing
the best food as he can and he has been doing for the past
35 years. also would like to apologise for being called "boss"
as my colleague does say it to a lot of customers in a friendly
way although i do agree it does not come as professional as
we normally do be. Do give us another chance to rectify
and give you the experience we try to provide for everyone
thank you.