1,603 results
All reviews police station waffle maker city centre marco pierre white marco's restaurant car park complimentary breakfast great hotel self service hot and cold food walk in shower the breakfast area on site parking reception staff air con comfortable bed twin room
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

Nice sized and well equipped rooms with added extras including a clock radio. It had a really good bathroom with massive shower. The breakfast was excellent with a large choice, I especially enjoyed making (and eating) a waffle!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

I’m sorry to give such a low score but it was just too noisy to give anything else. I stayed in a room on the second floor and although you could hear some road noise that wasn’t the big issue.

I may have just been unlucky but throughout my three night stay my fellow guests were terribly noisy, slamming doors and allowing children to run up and down the corridor - until late. The floor isn’t well cushioned so it really was dreadful. I mentioned this on my first night to be told that ‘they’ would be checking out in the morning unfortunately ‘they’ were replaced by similarly noisy neighbours.

I spend too much time in hotels and so a quiet room to sleep is at the top of my list, this means I’ll not be staying here again. I requested a quiet room when booking, it felt like I was given the exact opposite.

On the plus, the shower was excellent.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank TTravel71
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here overnight in April. The stay was lovely and overall, we were impressed. The room was well decorated and although the queen room was slightly small, the quality and decor made up for it. The cleanliness was all good apart from a used Diet Coke bottle found under the bed! Curtains were fantastic and instantly made the room dark. The breakfast was nice - it felt a little like a school canteen with the red plastic trays and the layout was literally in the lobby/reception with guests in and out which was a little strange but the food was fairly good. Waffle machine was fab! Quick check in and check out and the car parking was brilliant - no fighting over spaces. Overall impressed and would stay again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights with a group of friends for a theatre break. The hotel was very clean and all staff were extremely welcoming and helpful especially a young man on reception who shared our love of theatre.
The hotel is situated on a busy main road but outside noise could hardly be heard from the room. The rooms were spotlessly clean and very well equipped. Breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of food to choose from.
The only negative point was the service in the Marco Pierre White restaurant. Our table was booked for 4.30pm and we arrived on time, but we had to wait 10 minutes for a table to be set up for 5 place settings. Once seated, 25 minutes after ordering, our drinks finally arrived and our meal arrived 20 minutes later. Despite the wait, the food was excellent and very reasonably priced but the waiting staff clearly need further training. Some other diners were not happy at the long wait and mix up with food orders. Another diner's food finally arrived only for part of it to be dropped on the floor by the waiter!
One further suggestion ...... I would advise the management of the restaurant to give some of the younger members of waiting staff tips on how to address their customers. It's a little annoying to have a youngster address a group of shall we say mature ladies as "guys"!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Jack P, gsa at Hampton By Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Hello Ingrid P,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel, all feedback is greatly appreciated.
Our staff at the Hampton are the finest assets, who aim to make each guests stays memorable and unique, especially if we have similar interests, we like to share these to enable us to build a bond with our guests. Such as the example you used of our colleague Jack who LOVES theatre.
All feedback here will be passed onto the relevant department in order to improve all services you have experienced here.

we do hope to see you again in the future, especially when other shows come into Sheffield!

Kind regards,
Jack Poskitt
Guest Service Assistant.

Reviewed April 7, 2018

Me and my family went to Sheffield to see more family which was nice. We then stayed at this hotel which was very delightful. I really liked the hotel itself and the rooms. The rooms were very comfy and cool. I also really liked the breakfast here it was simply delicious considering they had a hot coco machine. I decided to stay here for my birthday and it was sure a treat because i have never stayed at a police station hotel. I really like this hotel and will definitely be staying again when we come back to England.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family