2,740 results
All reviews champagne bar peace gardens privilege room ice room aroma room experience shower spa facilities winter garden spa break steam room lovely hotel city centre good size crucible theatre ncp car park q park great central location
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

This place is always above expectations for a UK business hotel. Great location, valet parking, nice staff, comfortable rooms and a good breakfast set up. Bar is pleasant in the evening and there is a host of restaurants nearby. Spot on and good value for money.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Mercure St Paul's Sheffield.
I was very pleased to read your great feedback and I do sincerely hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

Great location in the center of sheffield, surrounded by restaurants and shops, a few minutes from the cathedral, train station or bus station also theaters a couple of minutes away. The pool and sauna are good and we like the rooms high up with a view over the peace garden, at the minute it is converted into mini seaside area. The food is good especially the breakfast. Staff always helpful and friendly.

Room tip: High up overlooking the peace garden
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Luisa E, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2016

Dear Guest
I was very pleased to read your positive feedback and am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed August 20, 2016

Just a one night stay on a Monday. Checked in early and were given help and advice for car parking. Lovely room with bath and shower. Unfortunately there was no hot water in the morning but stuff happens .... it wasn't just our room, there had been a boiler problem overnight. We ate out in Sheffield but returned to use the bar later which was busy and great atmosphere. Would recommend this hotel for it's location, comfort and service.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
I was very pleased to read your lovely feedback and am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed August 19, 2016

I spent two nights at Sheffield for business. The hotel staff willing to serve was evident.
The location is great with restaurants and bars nearby.
Rooms were renovated lately and found tidy.
The bathroom fan constant noise and a poor plumbing as non working one out of two elevators during all stay, slightly spoiled.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed August 19, 2016

First things first, this spa hotel is only a short walk from the station (15 minutes for me as I don't like the hill part of the walk)
Staff on reception polite and friendly, room was ready when we arrived which was before check in.
Room clean and tidy and really quite big. Very quiet with a very large comfortable bed.
Spa was lovely and one of the reasons we visit time after time.
Love the breakfast and waiting staff excellent.
My only negative point of this visit was that only one lift was working which made for long waits, quicker to use the stairs!
We will return again

Room tip: Overlooking Peace Gardens or Crucible Square
  • Trip type: Travelled with family